Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: I feel so bad that I can't help anyone else new
      #352745 - 11/27/09 05:57 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

How old are you?

It sounds like you need to get away from this family.

everyone has issues with their parents when living at home.
i left because of it too and now my mom is my best friend.

You need to move out.Period.
Find a roommate,rent a bachelor apartment.
walk to work,take the bus whatever.

Your family is stressing you out and I think that is what is keeping you from getting better.

Do you have any other family you could move in with and pay rent to?

I really think you bounce from solution to solution and never really give anything a chance.
And just for clarification,just because Heather has something in her book that says its IBS safe doesn't mean it is safe for YOU.
You need to get back to a basic diet and stabilize yourself.

but first get the heck outta that house.
IMHO

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Syl new
      #352746 - 11/27/09 06:20 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

This is very helpful to many. I was never given a definitve DX either. They just couldn't figure it out. I did have certain tests, which proved nothing, so I was left hanging.

syl,dragonfly,horrible today don't know why new
      #352751 - 11/27/09 07:48 AM

Unregistered

I'm broke,and if I had to pay any rent,I couldn't afford it, I have a doctor bill to pay,a prescription out of my own pocket every month,food,plus heather's teas and stuff. I can bareley support myself living here for free! I refuse to share a bathroom with someone else as I'm in there all day. It was a nightmare when both bathrooms in this house were occupied at the same time and I had to use it NOW! it was horrible! I'm a terribly light sleeper and when people have guests at night,I could never fall asleep. I'd be quit uncomfortable around other people than my own family with my severe ibs. I am not going to try to explain my ibs to more relatives or anyone and have everyone tell me see a doctor or have everyone pushing food on me. I truly need my own room,privacy. THis house has everything I need,my own computer,my tv,everything I need in my room,lock on door. I wouldn't have much of a say so at someone else's house as much as I do here,even if I paid rent.

I wanted to say,something really didn't agree with me,I drank 3 kinds of tea yesterday,heather's fennel,republica of tea get relief-naturally caffeine free has cinnamon,anise,fennel,and 2 cups of pepermint tea..I"m having smelly gas,tender sides,I was up most of the night. with the worse gas I've had in my life. I was taking a bath and everytime I release explosive smelly gas,I checked the water cuz I thought I had an accident. I burped gross tastes last night,I couldn't believe how uncomfortable the spasms and gas were! I wanted to cry. Having smelly gas only happens to me when my insides turned to mush. Should I just go ahead and take an immodium now or see what happens? I have to work today and no way can I call in,especially since its black friday..im at a loss...I think this experience cured me of eating any trigger foods ever again if I don't even know wat could have caused this.

Re: syl,dragonfly,horrible today don't know why
      #352752 - 11/27/09 08:12 AM
dragonfly

I think you may drink TOO much tea.

Drink water instead for a while.

--------------------

IBS & family new
      #352794 - 11/27/09 04:41 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Aperson, have you tried the hypno cds? They may help you to better your attitude and change your situation. There is a cd that your family and friends can listen to, and it may help them to understand what you go through at times. Just a suggestion.

Re: IBS & family new
      #352799 - 11/27/09 07:29 PM

Unregistered

I plan on it soon,I must buy a small portable cd player first though because the portable dvd player is loud and distracting,plus the light annoys me. for right now Im cutting out all obvious triggers,then figuring out my personal ones. Then thinking about other things I can do.

I just recieved organic slippery elm capsules today and had no reaction to them either way yet. I took 2 with a meal.

#352804 - 11/28/09 07:27 AM
dragonfly

It takes a couple days for the slippery Elm

--------------------

#352807 - 11/28/09 08:43 AM

Unregistered

what will happen in a few days? it will make it easier to go and less incomplete evacuation?

Re: Lemon Glazed Bread..loved it but it didn't love me.nt new
      #352808 - 11/28/09 08:44 AM

Unregistered

why what happend?

#352809 - 11/28/09 09:18 AM
dragonfly

It takes a few days for it to start helping.It will firm up your bm and stop with the D.

Slippery Elm soothes the intestinal tract so your colon isn't spasmimg and trying to rid itself of the contents .

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 480 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32566

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review