All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Howdy everyone-just a quick update
      #347202 - 06/15/09 01:54 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Its been a while since I stopped in. I've been staying busy and for the most part enjoying life. My health is so-so, the remicade treatments help a lot but I know I will never be cured or back to my old self and I'm learning to adjust to my new normal. I still go to counseling every few weeks and Will and I are doing good together.

We still haven't finished the house repainting!! Pretty much everything except the bathroom is done though. Summer arrived and I'd rather spend my time on other projects than painting the bathroom but I would like to get it done eventually!

We have been involved in more activities and have made some new friends, which is nice. I'm slowly reclaiming the garden. I'm having to downsize as its just too much to keep up with. It got neglected for too long when I was really ill so it will take a while to get it back together and looking good.

The "boys" are good! I've been bathing them myself to save money and weekly baths for two long haired dogs is a lot of work! But, I love'em!

Otherwise, still working for the eye doctor and taking it one day at a time!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Howdy everyone-just a quick update new
      #347207 - 06/15/09 07:26 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm so glad to hear this, Michele. I know it's tough adjust to health limitations but it sounds like life is so incredibly much better for you know that it's almost unbelievable.

Thanks for letting us know how you are - you popped into my head a couple of days ago - and please take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#347208 - 06/15/09 07:28 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Howdy Michele!!

I'm happy to see you're doing well!! One day at a time, right? That's all it takes. It must be hard to adjust to the new normal, but I understand what that is like, and I'm glad you're adjusting.
I'm happy you and Will are taking time for yourselves too.

Hope the sun is shining in MI!!

HUGS!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Thanks Girls! new
      #347257 - 06/17/09 01:43 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hope you are both doing well! I think about a lot of people from here, I got a lot of great support during some really rough times. Love and hugs to all!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#347532 - 06/25/09 07:17 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

So good to hear from you!!! I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. Hang in there and take care!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1171 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2444

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review