All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
questions for my fellow sufferers..
      #344681 - 04/18/09 12:42 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

2 things... a) Am I the only one who has had issues finding things that look professional and allow for adjustable waistlines?

b) Does anyone have any ideas besides wrap pants or elastic for adjustable waist pants? I have solved the issue with skirts and dresses, but haven't figured out a way to do pants so far.. At this point I am sewing all my own clothing (except some tops) again because I am not happy with what I am finding in the stores as alternatives

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: questions for my fellow sufferers.. new
      #344687 - 04/18/09 01:57 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Isn't this pathetic? I cannot believe how much trouble I have as well!
I don't really have a solution, or anything to invest in, but here is one trick I have. I heard about this for pregnant women, but it totally works! If I have a pair of pants with a zip and button, sometimes the button doesn't give enough and causes symptoms. I take a rubber band, hook it around the loop, pull it through the button hole and back on the button. With a perfect sized rubber band, it gives just enough to stay comfy for the entire day while keeping the top of the pants flat.
I know it's silly and might be something you already do, but sometimes can be a life saver for me!

Oh, and New York and COmpany makes pants that I love. I cannot always find them, but they run S-M-L instead of specific sizes and are stretchy. I think they're called "city" pants or something. I LIVE in my black pair...

Hope that helps!

--------------------
IBS-A

#344696 - 04/18/09 06:44 PM
khyricat

I do know that trick, I'm trying to come up with a NON trick to do it... I now have skirts that fit a 28 to 40" waist (not that mine gets that small, but I have a friend who is that skinny so I made it so she can borrow at one point and instead of my 31-40 it now goes down to a 28" waist from when I adjusted it to fit her..

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#344699 - 04/18/09 07:02 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Aime,

I just bought a pair of Lee pants from JC Penney that are made like regular pants with a zipper and button but inside the waistband is elastic. You cannot see the elastic on the outside but the waist has a give to it. I find these very comfy. My DH doesn't understand why as soon as I walk in the house I go upstairs and put my housepants on. I can't stand to sit around with anything tight around my waist. I also try to buy pants that sit just below my belly button because they don't seem as tight on my stomach as higher waisted pants.

Can you wear dresses instead of skirts or pants to work? Dresses are more comfortable for me.

I wish you luck. It seems this is something that we all have to deal with but there are no easy answers.

--------------------
Janey

#344702 - 04/18/09 07:58 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

If it is a bloat day for me, I have pants that just have a bit of elastic on the sides. They expand enough to feel comfortable.

#344706 - 04/19/09 10:22 AM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

I actually have to have 2 sets of pants....I go up a whole pants size when my ibs induced bloating goes into overdrive (because I have an office job and wearing stretch pants is out of the question) I have size 6's for when i am not bloated and I pull out my 8's usually on Monday's because I am usually good to overeat on the weekends which causes me major bloating probs

#344721 - 04/20/09 06:50 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I know how you feel! I LOVE wearing skirts, but the pantyhose I have to wear with them kill me! Usually, since my butt is so big, my pants are often loose in the waist anyway, so on a bad day, I wear pants instead of skirts. Dresses and skirts are my favorite! If I didn't have to wear pantyhose, I would wear skirts/dresses everyday! Skirts usually are a little big in the gut as well. I try to wear thigh high panty hose, they help with the belly bloat, but they aren't too comfy on the thighs. Like I said big butt, which comes with big thighs! Ha.

I need to start exercising again!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#344733 - 04/20/09 11:07 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

b) Does anyone have any ideas besides wrap pants or elastic for adjustable waist pants?

If I understand your question, I like drawstring pants.

I think it's cool you're sewing. My aunt made all of her own clothes for a long time and she always looks like a million bucks.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#344782 - 04/21/09 12:46 PM
khyricat

I've taken to bloomers for the upper part (winter) and over the knee socks for my lower legs.. or even just knee his... no pressure on the waist..

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#344783 - 04/21/09 12:48 PM
khyricat

the problem is its hard to make drawstring waists look professional and fitted... I have to dress professionally... for warmer weather I do have 2 pairs of really nice wrap pants with wide legs, but I need more for winter options and other styles if I can...

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 280 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4981

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review