All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: BRACE FOR DRAMATIC ANSWER new
      #342405 - 02/20/09 06:04 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. Even my dentist shuddered slightly when I smiled at him!!!!!

It's like $4K total for all 4 teeth. I'm thinking of passing a bucket at the rich intersection of town, horrifying people with my pretty face and nasty smile. But it would totally smash my ego.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BRACE FOR DRAMATIC ANSWER new
      #342414 - 02/20/09 10:04 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Nelly -
You are a hoot! And, I appreciate your upbeat personality in the midst of all you have been through. I also just went through reality shock at the dentist - 3 crowns for $3,600.00 - plus, one more next week. I even had 2 dental policies at $1,000 each, but, of course, good ole' BCBS isn't going to pay the full $1,000 on their policy - so, I'm feeling guilty about spending money (actually credit card!!! ) that I don't have.
Like you, I used to have a beautiful smile and have spent literally thousands on my mouth. But, many years ago I developed cellulitis in my mouth/face and had to have several extractions due to the infection - mainly molars, and since then I seem to have developed some kind of auto-immune issue that causes dry mouth and my saliva causes pin-point places of decay - no matter what I do.
I have a very aggressive dentist who wants to do implants, etc. and I'm such a "wuss" he intimidates me. But, I've told him no and I'll just keep on keeping on. I'd love to have my whole mouth done - but, get ready for this - the total charge - would be $30,000 - he wants to do crowns on every tooth and implants too -it's like Extreme Makeover !!!!!! At my age, no thank you!!! Guess I'll keep on until DH and I each have dentures!
Hang in there, Sweetie - you're a gem!
P.S. That really sucks about the hospital policy... I'm sure they have their attorney(s) writing policy to make them not liable for anything!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Edited by GaGa (02/20/09 10:05 PM)

Re: Dreaded dentist appt! Stressing! new
      #342496 - 02/23/09 06:50 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Me too. I am so scared. I have a real fear of dentists. I went to an oral surgeon for a consult Thurs. and he is going to have me go to the hospital to have whatever done. I may need them all out. AGGHHHH!!
I I have to have false ones they are going to be straight and white. Natural, but straight and whiter than mine are. I know about the smile thing. When I was a kid my father would always tell me to keep my mouth closed when they took those dreadful school pics. I wish you luck.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 675 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3828

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review