All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fish oil tablets and IBS
      #341505 - 02/01/09 12:47 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Recently, I began taking fish oil tablets in an effort to relieve depression that I always seem to have in the wintertime (Seasonal Affective Disorder). For several years, I have contemplated trying them, but I was always afraid to since I have IBS. I was scared to death that they would upset my tummy.

Well, I started taking the fish oil tablets several weeks ago, and I am happy to report that not only has my mood greatly improved, but my IBS symptoms have too! For years, I have alternated between IBS-C and D and have been unable to leave the house early in the morning because of frequent BM's. Since I have been taking the fish oil tablets, things are NORMAL. I have 1 BM in the morning (and no bloating).

I read online that fish oil is helpful for Crohn's and ulcerative colitis because it relieves inflammation. And there are early reports that it helps with IBS.

The benefits have been amazing! My dry hair and skin look shiny, my anxiety has decreased, my attention span is better (supposedly it works better for ADD than Ritalin)-----and my IBS is better.

For those of you interested, I started off taking 1 tablet in the am and 1 in the pm (WITH FOOD), and then I worked up to 2 tablets twice a day. I bought the Nature Made brand (1200 mg tablets) at Target.

I hope that by sharing this, I might can help someone else. I feel terrific! My husband just started taking them too (to help lower his cholesterol and blood pressure). The omega 3's are supposed to be so good for us in many ways!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fish oil tablets and IBS new
      #341506 - 02/01/09 12:54 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

BL,

It is so good to see you. I am really happy that you are feeling great and that the fish oil is working for you. My husband takes them so I guess I will have to give it a try.

Thanks for sharing your positive story with us. It is always nice to hear that one of us is doing well and to hear you sounding so happy.

--------------------
Janey

Hi, Janey! new
      #341517 - 02/01/09 02:52 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I didn't think anyone here would remember me! I used to post all of the time, but haven't in awhile. It is nice to see a familiar face!

Hi BL new
      #341518 - 02/01/09 03:12 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Of course I remember you. I miss seeing you in the Living Room. I have been popping in and out the last several years. Lately I have been hanging out.

I really am so happy for you that you are feeling good. Don't be a stranger.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Fish oil tablets and IBS new
      #341589 - 02/04/09 06:13 AM
Kata

Reged: 01/11/09

Wow! That is extremely helpful information. I too have my morning struggles. It is good to know that fish tablets have helped you. I may give them a try. Have you felt less gassy too since taking them? Thanks again for sharing this info.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1537

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review