All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
The waiting is KILLING ME!! new
      #339047 - 12/08/08 08:18 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Thursday I went in for my 37 week checkup. 80% effaced and 3cm! My NP can't figure out why I'm not in labor yet, especially since I'm getting contractions ALL the time. Hubby and I spent the weekend trying to speed up the process, to no avail. I'm losing patience... and energy... I have another appt this Thursday and if I make it that far, my NP said she will strip my membranes to (hopefully) get things moving! She is already one stubborn little girl with a mind of her own.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The waiting is KILLING ME!! new
      #339054 - 12/08/08 10:07 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Just hang in there! I know how hard it it! I was a weekover due and I was so ready! I thought I was going to be pregant forever. They were going to induce me on a monday but early sat moring I finely went into labor! Then when I did I couldn't believe it was happening. When shes ready you'll know. Mine was stubborn to. Take care! God bless!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#339072 - 12/08/08 02:38 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Waiting at the end is the hardest part because you are so anxious to welcome your new little one into the world. Also, most women are tired of being pregnant by this point. Hopefully something will happen before Thursday but if not after she strips your membrane things will starting moving along.

I wish you luck!

--------------------
Janey

#339081 - 12/08/08 06:10 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh I bet you are anxious! I hope things go well and quickly for you. Believe me the wait is soooo worth it! Best to you!

Re: Pregnancy update - just over 4 weeks to go!!! new
      #339082 - 12/08/08 06:46 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I ditto Sharond's advice. My daughter was also colicky - we had no family to help us, so my husband and I would take turns walking the floor. Believe me, Sharond's advice is best - sleep when baby sleeps. As she got a little older, I would nap when she did on the same bed and as she started waking up, I would start rocking the bed again to get just a few more minutes of sleep in!
Prayers and Best Wishes - Your Journey of a Lifetime is just beginning - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Early Labor!! new
      #339283 - 12/12/08 09:05 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Went to my 38 week appt yesterday and was shocked when my NP told me I was dilated to 5-6 cm!! Why wasn't I in labor?? So she stripped my membranes (NOT pleasant), and called ahead to the hospital to see if they'd admit me. They said they would. So I met DH at home and we headed straight there. Still no painful contractions. They put us in a Labor and Delivery room where they monitored me for awhile and checked me. The doctor there said I was actually only about 4cm, so I was rather disappointed. I was starting to feel my contractions intensify, but not enough to warrant staying there. So after a few hours (and lots of walking), we decided to head home and continue laboring here until things really pick up. VERY disappointing!!!!

So I'm home now. My contractions are certainly hurting more than they ever have, but I'm not to the point where I am unable to "walk through them". So until either my water breaks, or the contractions intensify and get closer together, we are just waiting. My back is KILLING me today, and it wasn't yesterday, so I think that's a sign of things moving along. I hope the end is near!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Early Labor!! new
      #339286 - 12/12/08 09:26 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Hi Lisa Marie,

I bet by the end of the weekend you'll be holding your little girl. The back pain is what sent me to the hospital. Hopefully, once you get to the hospital, you'll be near the end of your labor....but I don't know, she sounds like a stubborn one.

Best of luck and we all expect to see some pictures real soon!!

Sharon

#339296 - 12/12/08 10:25 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Oh all I had was back pain for all my kids.
Pay attention to the time and if they get five mins apart GOOOOOO.
My first was 32 hours
Second was almost at home about 4 hours total
and third was back to long drawn out but when my water broke it was like three hours tops and she was born 20 min after arriving.
Better to be there than at home or on the road.

Your labor could stop but if you keep walking it may help. ya know gravity and all.
Good luck!!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#339301 - 12/12/08 11:12 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

good luck and hang in there! Sounds so hard but so exciting too!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#339306 - 12/12/08 02:47 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Thats a very good sign that your backs hurting! Hang in there shes on her way! God bless!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 521 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26330

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review