All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Having a rough couple of days....
      #336073 - 09/16/08 08:56 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Just the other day I posted how I had been doing so well for a couple weeks. Well, I must have jinxed my good fortune...because yesterday and today have been rough.

I used some muscles that I haven't used in YEARS on Saturday when hubby and I went to an outdoor activity expo and I decided I wanted to try shooting a hunting bow and arrow. Sunday I wasn't sore at all, but yesterday it hit me. I could hardly move my neck and in between my shoulder blades was soooooo sore. The sore muscles also gave me a horrible headache. So I took Advil, which in turn upset my tummy, etc. I had the heat pack on my muscles most of the night last night and this morning before I came to work. It feels a bit better than yesterday, but still have a headache and am extremely tired.

I had to take 2 Imodium yesterday and 3 today just to get away from the house and to work on time. I am soooo tired. And I have a Dr appointment today to get the results of my kidney x-ray. Joy! Joy! Wish I could just go home and nap.

I was doing so good!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having a rough couple of days.... new
      #336074 - 09/16/08 09:23 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Awww, Nugget. You poor dear.
No more bow and arrows!! Have you tried some stretching? That should help to release all that built up lactic acid in those tight little muscles. After you use the heating pad tonight, stretch them out really good...or better yet - get hubby to give you a good shoulder and neck massage!!

Hope you get to feeling better soon - and let us know how the x-rays came out!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#336079 - 09/16/08 10:39 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Mmmmmm massage.

Hope you feel better today and tomorrow.remember, one day at a time.I jinxed myself too. No more chocolate for me.
Just breathe deeply and enjoy the sunny day(it's sunny here...there?)

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#336091 - 09/16/08 02:20 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

hang in there it'll get better again just think of this as a rough patch. I did the same thing a few months ago used muscles I haven't used and I was so sore and sick for like a week. Good luck with your results. I am off to the doc tomorrow I'll be glad when its over. (hugs) xoxoxoxo
ps Try the thremal care heat patch or a generic brand they work great!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#336096 - 09/16/08 04:08 PM
Nugget

Thanks so much Sheila. I'm feeling better this afternoon. The Doctor's visit about my kidney x-ray results was kind of a joke. They could have just told me over the phone that they didn't see any stones on the x-ray. Instead I had to take an hour off work, go in to the doc office, update my medical history, pee in a cup and have them tell me everything was normal on the x-ray. They said the lower back pain I feel occassionally could be that I produce and pass very small stones.

Hope all goes well with your doc visit tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

#336097 - 09/16/08 04:11 PM
Nugget

Thanks Fancy....hubby gave me a good rub down last night and this morning. Am feeling better this afternoon. Hope my tummy cooperates tomorrow.

All was OK with my kidney x-ray check-up for kidney stones. They said that I might be producing and passing small stones...that's why I have lower back pain occassionally. But, it's nothing to worry about. They could have told me on the phone that everything was OK and saved me the trip, the stress, and the money.

#336098 - 09/16/08 04:13 PM
Nugget

Thanks dragonfly....hubby is a good massage therapist.

I'm doing better this afternoon. I should have known better than to talk about how well I was doing. I always jinx myself when I do that.

#336099 - 09/16/08 04:28 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Hope each day gets better and better!!! Glad you got a good report from the dr. too. Be nice to yourself and put yourself first for awhile!
We all know "this too shall pass"... the question is "When?"
{{Hugs}} - GaGa

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#336101 - 09/16/08 04:45 PM
Nugget

Thanks so much GaGa....Hugs to you, too!

#336112 - 09/17/08 08:13 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Man is that frustrating!! They just want you to come in so they can charge you for an office visit! I hate that!!

Anyway, I'm glad your feeling better!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13951

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review