All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Could it be the flinstone vitimins
      #332682 - 07/17/08 01:19 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Ok the doc put me on 1 flintstone vitimin and I started taking them tuesday moring with breakfast well for the last 3 days in the afternoon I had a bm. I useuley don't go but every 2 days. But today I had 2 and they were soft(sorry if to much info) and I feel horrible very sick to my stomach don't feel like I'm done. Just feel horrible. I felt just fine this morning. But now very sick any advice? thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Could it be the flinstone vitimins new
      #332705 - 07/17/08 03:52 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Could very well be. Vitamins tend to upset my stomach. Have you tried taking them with a different meal? I'm not sure how much you eat at breakfast, but you might try taking them during your biggest meal.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Re: Could it be the flinstone vitimins new
      #332713 - 07/17/08 04:20 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Sure. Stop taking flinstones

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

What do i do now? new
      #332737 - 07/18/08 07:12 AM
emmasmom

I taking them for prental my doc says there the easiet ones to take since the iron upsets my stomach I tried taking them at night and belive it or not the made my c so much worse in the moring! Now that I take them with breakfeast they make my stomach upset with a soft stool. So what do I do now for vitimins? or could it be something I ate? I haven't had any bm today. but stomach still doesn't feel good either. Please I need some advice...
emamsmom
ibs-c
gas

Edited by emmasmom (07/18/08 12:44 PM)

Re: What do i do now?ANYONE PLEASE! new
      #332795 - 07/19/08 07:02 AM
emmasmom

Re: What do i do now? new
      #332796 - 07/19/08 07:09 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Maybe try taking them with your largest meal.or cut them in half and take at differant times during the day with food.
I miss flintstones,they smell so good.
Do they have the same stuff as adult vitamins?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: What do i do now? new
      #332800 - 07/19/08 07:47 AM
emmasmom

ya my doc said that he recomends them to women all the time that can't take vitimins and if you look at the bottle it sayd adults take like 2 a day but he said I just need one. Thats a good Idea about breaking them in 1/2 and taking them I may try that! Thanks! Maybe at breafeast and lunch or dinner. I will give it a try though. My hopes are getting down afraid I won't find anything. They have like flintstone gummies but they don't have iron in them. Heres the link if you want to check them out. www.flintstonesvitamins.com Thanks for the advice. One of my friends said I could take vitimins w/out iron but I don't think thats safe. Thanks again for the help.
emamsmom (Sheila)
ibs-c gas

#332809 - 07/19/08 10:49 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Ok. Let's think...
What other vitamins have you tried?? You really just need the folic acid and the iron, right?

Are there any iron rich or folic acid rich foods you can tolerate? Maybe you could go that route...
Do a Google search for the foods that have high levels of iron and folic acid. See what comes up.

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#332812 - 07/19/08 01:15 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

First, don't panic about the vitamins. IF - and I stress IF - you cannot take them, it will not hurt the baby. I'm not a medical professional, but I've been through 3 high-risk pregnancies: one of my own 33 years ago - toxemia, etc.. and could not take the vitamins. The dr. said then the baby would be fine (she was!) and she would just pull the vitamins from my body (and you need to replinish after the birth). Then, my daughter had hyperemesis with both of her pregnancies - talk about sick - vomitting over 20 x a day, can't keep anything down - hospitalized about once a month until - thank God! - a new OB/GYN in town knew about the condition and the right drugs to give her. The mother and the baby are at severe risk during this illness/condition and they even talked about inserting a "pic"?? line - she had to go to the hospital and be hydrated so many times. BUT, saying all this to tell you - no vitamins either time and both healthy baby girls. It's not the optimal answer, but, if you cannot tolerate the vitamins, you will both be OK. Before we knew my daughter could not tolerate anything - he recommended a certain ceral - something like Special K??? - that had lots of vitamins in it. Can you try that? Maybe vitamin fortified foods??? You are going to be fine!
{{Hugs}} - GaGa (Dorothy)

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Thanks GAGA! new
      #332831 - 07/19/08 07:42 PM
emmasmom

Thank you for your post and for taking the time to do so. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I know all to well about docs not knowing anything. The doc I had with my daughter didn't know how to do a c-section. I just thank god were both ok. Anyway. thank you again for the advice it means alot.Hope your night went good. (((hugs))) back to you!
emmasmom (sheila)
ibs-c
gas

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 563 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4032

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review