All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: Ok, Girls...ready to go sugar free?!?! Day 4 on the no sugar diet new
      #332425 - 07/14/08 11:14 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hi Dee! Nice picture, girlfriend!!
Good to see your smiling face!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok, Girls...ready to go sugar free?!?! Day 4 on the no sugar diet new
      #332427 - 07/14/08 11:31 AM

Unregistered

Thanks so much
It took me a while to figure out how to get it on the website. but finally did it
How are you doing toda
for me, great
Hugs, DeeDee

Now that you mention sugar..... new
      #332472 - 07/15/08 06:43 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

That you mention sugar angel food cake doesn't always set well with me and I was thinking neither does rice krispies either. Both of these I do in small quanities. I always like reading your post fancy mom there intersting. just wanted to share.
emmasmom (sheila)
ibs-c
gas

Re: Ok, Girls...ready to go sugar free?!?! new
      #332478 - 07/15/08 08:59 AM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hey! I have type 1 diabetes in addition to IBS, and I can't do much sugar either. When I eat soy yogurt, I go for the Wildwood unsweetened organic kind...it is not made with sugar, and it tastes pretty close to regular plain yogurt.

--------------------
Julia

Re: Now that you mention sugar..... new
      #332491 - 07/15/08 11:25 AM
fancymom

Awww...thanks Sheila.

I have been doing research, and I believe the reason these high sugar, high carb foods are bothering us is because they are sending our blood sugar through the roof! I know it makes me tired, irritable, and my belly aches. Also, most of the time, they constipate me too.

Anyway, the medical reason is called insulin resistance. It basically means that whenever you eat high sugar, and/or high carb foods, your body has to secrete an abnormally large amount of insulin to bring your blood sugar back to normal range. THEN, it overshoots and secretes so much that when you come back down from your adrenalin/insulin surge, you are left tired, irritable, and craving sweets like crazy because you have lots of insulin still running through you and your blood sugar has rebounded and dropped below normal range...so you need something sweet to counteract that. THAT'S why you crave sugar so much about an hour or two after lunch(at least I do!). Then, you do it all over again, and it's a viscious cycle!

I tell ya, I feel MUCH better since I gave up sugar and flour! I also gave up white potatoes. I eat them VERY rarely, and in VERY small quantities AFTER a low carb meal. I feel better than I have in a LONG time!! I will NEVER go back to eating a high carb/high sugar diet again!! I didn't even realize the harm I was doing to my body. I felt AWEFUL!! Crampy, gassy, exhausted, irritable, fat, bloated, constipated. What a miserable existance.

That may be WAY too much info, but I really find the human body extremely fascinating!! Must be the nurse in me.

--------------------
FancyMom

#332635 - 07/17/08 09:33 AM

Unregistered

I have a question
How do you ever handle the taste of soy yogart. I bought some strawberry and peach, and just had the peach. Two tastes and yuk, I will dump it allout It tastes awful to me
just wodering ow you can handle that taste
maybe my taste buds are out of wack
How are you doing
i am doing better today with my eating
I have to admit I am using the questan my GI perscribed me,a nd I take it twice a day along with the powder fibe,and I feel I am doing so much better
Hope you ae all well
It is hot hee, really hot
take care
Hugs, DeeDee

#332638 - 07/17/08 09:49 AM
fancymom

Hahaaaa. Guess your not a big soy yogurt fan.

I LOVE it! Eat it every morning. I buy the plain vanilla, and put whatever fruit is in season on top. Sometimes fresh blueberries, sometimes I cut up a peach or a pear. Anyway, I just love the taste, but maybe its MY taste buds that are wierd! HA!

Glad you are doing better on the questran and fiber! Sounds like that is working good for you.

--------------------
FancyMom

Soy yogurt new
      #332641 - 07/17/08 09:52 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Don't think its going to like me. Gave me bad gas and I even took 2 bean-o I really like it though...........
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re: Soy yogurt new
      #332646 - 07/17/08 09:57 AM
fancymom

Uh Oh. Bummer!

--------------------
FancyMom

Re: Soy yogurt new
      #332649 - 07/17/08 10:15 AM

Unregistered

I think it must be my taste buds. did notlike it at all
Questran tastes kind of bad,but I can tolerate that more so than soy yogart. LOL
ust me
es, the questran is doing great, along with Heathers fiber. so glad something is finally working
usually before I would be in the bathroom all morning, andnow i am not
In fact, I am able to go bike riding with my gandson and be fine as early as 8:30
We went bike riding this morning. I love to ride bike, but it is more fun with someone else to ride with. Seth is 9, so a good companion
when we got bck, it was so hot
we stayed in a bit and then walked down to Subway about fourblocks away and got a sandwich, and brught it bck to eat it here
We ae in the rest of the day
Too hot
I do not drive, as I have a disability with my eyes, which permits me from driving, so if we go anywhere we have to alk or ride bikes Kind of a bummer, but i have had this for years. One would think I would be used to it, but it still bothers me to alk about it sometimes
I got teasd so much in sschool, etc. it made me feel like it is my fault. I am just now able to talk about it and know for sure it is not my fault. In fact most everyone has a disability of some kind and some you cannot tell
It makes me more sympathic and understanding
I have starguards have you eer hert of tht
It is where the cone cell of the retina deteate and there is nothing they can do
I have little straight vision but the perpheal visionis perfect
hve a good day
Hugs, DeeDee

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 509 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 196431

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review