All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: Ok, Girls...ready to go sugar free?!?! new
      #332271 - 07/11/08 12:36 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Oh yeah.
Last night for dinner I made a homemade pizza crust with sliced fresh tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, peeled a red pepper and sliced it up, and turkey pepperoni. Then I topped it off with some soy mozarella and a spray of olive oil.

It was awesome!!! Best "diet" I've ever been on!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Good Luck! new
      #332274 - 07/11/08 12:58 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

DEAL! Maybe its beacuse I can't find engouh to eat. What does your dalily food list look like? by the way I just got done eating some soy yogurt again man was it good hope it agress with me!
emmasmom (Sheila)
ibs-c
gas

#332277 - 07/11/08 01:10 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Fancymom, do you take a SFS?

--------------------
IBS-C

Edited by Fen (07/11/08 01:11 PM)

#332278 - 07/11/08 01:21 PM
fancymom

Yes, Maam. Acacia powder 2x per day. Usually I do ok without it, though.
Today has been an exception to my usual eating habits. Usually it's a lot more SF, about half SF and half IF. I do best with both. I do peel my pears and peaches before I eat them. Bananas are SF...love those! If I don't eat a good bit of fruit, and IF, I get constipated.

--------------------
FancyMom

#332279 - 07/11/08 01:23 PM
fancymom

I know. I LOVE SOY YOGURT! I really love the plain vanilla, then I add a little of my favorite fruits to it. That's my favorite breakfast!

--------------------
FancyMom

#332281 - 07/11/08 01:41 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Cross your fingers! I hope it works! Someone said it might have a bad side effect and make you more c I hope not its to good! It beats pretzels all the time!!
emmasmom(sheila)
ibs-c gas

Edited by emmasmom (07/11/08 01:41 PM)

#332283 - 07/11/08 02:21 PM
fancymom

Amen! I HATE pretzels!! They are flavorless crap. They turn into this horrible paste in my mouth - BARF!

Hey - have you tried the wheat free, dairy free waffles? I forget who their made by. Starts with an "I" I think. They are awesome! Especially the blueberry ones. Yummy! I'm craving some of those bad boys...

How much longer am I doing this sugar free thing??
HELP, Dee!! I don't want to fall off the wagon!

--------------------
FancyMom

#332285 - 07/11/08 02:53 PM

Unregistered

Hey, you can do this. Don't blow it now. You have gone this far. We can do it togeter. Just hang in there.
If you blow it now, you will be so upset. Stay strong. I am here to pat you on the back. OKay
I am doing okay, but hungry, but lots of my problems are no food here, as we need to buy groceries. I am so awful on frusits, as can not eat much without them making me sick. I need bananas
Hopefully tonight we can go get some food
Are the wheat free waffles Vans? I got some which are glutten free, wheat free,a nd they are good,espcially the bluebery, or are there some other kind
where did you find the soy yoart. I want to get some, but I am not sure walmart will have them
I need to go drink more water
I am here for you if you need more support. Hang in there. We can do this
You know we can
Hugs, DeeDee

#332288 - 07/11/08 06:59 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

I'm interested to know what made you guys want to give up sugar. I keep reading that it has no effect on our digestion and it's perfectly safe for IBS. However, each day that goes by I become more and more convinced that this is not the case for me. Whenever I so much as have 1 piece of candy, it messes me up for a least a day (longer if I have more). I can have soy yogurt, but things like angel food cake that are supposed to be 100 percent safe do not seem to be safe for me. Anyways, I was just wondering if you were finding that sugar was a problem for you as well.

Also would love some ideas of what you are eating. I don't think I could give up sugar entirely because my diet is so limited as it is, but I definitely try to keep it very low. Would love some more food ideas What kind of soy yogurt do you eat that is low in sugar? I eat Whole Soy which only has 12g instead of 24...

Thanks!

~Kelly

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

#332290 - 07/11/08 07:53 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Ok when you mean sugar do you mean anything with sugar or the very obvious like ding dongs and chocolate covered brownies?
I can do the obvious stuff but I can't go all the way.
I'm having a party tomorrow and it's gonna be loaded with sugar based stuff!I'm only going to eat the stuff I know is safe and lots of bananas and pretzels to help along the way but I think I'll stay away from all the fatty foods.Besides I don't have a gallbladder anymore so that stuff will make me sick anyway so.....good luck to all of you who go all the way!!!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 239 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 196720

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review