All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: Ok, Girls...ready to go sugar free?!?! new
      #332254 - 07/10/08 07:01 PM

Unregistered

Yes, Absoltely we would be thrilled if you joned us. and we will give you all the suppot you ned
This is so true about sugar.
I have almost cut out all sugar, and I feel much bette
I can so tell when I eat sugar, and for a few minutes I get a sugar high,and then such a downer. I don't like that feeling.
I have cut out pop, juices, cakes, cookies, all kinds of sweets and it makes me feel better. I do have a peppermint hard candy quite often becuase peppermint is god for your tmmy, and that is something I need towork on taking away, and substituting something else. Any ideas?
When Dave got real sick, and was in intensive care for 9 weeks, my sister sayd with us,a nd I supported her by going with her to the hospital from morning til night. It was the most horrible thing we ever had to go through, and still we lost Dave. they came from Anchorage, Alaska, and were back here maybe 9 months before he got so sick with a perferated colon, and died. He and my sister were so close to us. We went o vacations, etc. together. He had just retired and then what?
But I knew my place ws with my sister, and with my IBS, I knew I could not go to the hospital and have problems with D so I cut out so much bad food at that time, and lost so much. It was a bad way to lose, but it was not all bad, as I needed to lose
But what a bad year we had.
I have not gone back to eating sugar. Now, don't get me wrong. I will once in a while have angel food cake and that will be a problem for me, as that is my favorite, but I will do it
We all will, and we all can
This is a losing game, and if we try, we will win on this
so yes, come along and join us. We can all do it together.
I give you all the support I can
good luck to you all
Hugs, DeeDee

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#332255 - 07/11/08 07:00 AM

Unregistered

Good luck everyone today who has decided to go sugar free. i am here to give support.
I need it too.
I find lots of foods which have sugar in them which I am not aware of, like ketchup, etc.
Let us give each other support.
And drink that water.
Hugs, DeeDee

#332256 - 07/11/08 07:34 AM

Unregistered

I am off for a bike ride with my little 9 ear old grandson. I watch him this summer, and it is supposd to get mid 90s today, so need to go early
will chck in when I get bck
Hugs, DeeDee

#332257 - 07/11/08 07:56 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

You are so right, Dee. There are hidden sugars in everything!! Even bread! You just have to become an AVID label reader!! I have been scouring over labels in the grocery store for years. It is truly amazing that sugar seems to be in everything. I hate it when they use all those fancy words for sugar, hoping that you won't realize that it's actually the same, and sometime WORSE!
Like: "all natural cane sugar", or "sweetened with pure fruit juice". That really irritates me. It's ALL sugar!!

My rule of thumb is only shop on the outskirts of the grocery store. You will mostly find whole foods there. If you are craving something sweet...eat a piece of fruit. It's amazing how, when you are not eating sugar EVERYTHING tastes so sweet!! It's awesome. I never realized how SWEET a sweet potato is! It's wonderful with a little soy butter and a little sprinkle of cinnamon. Only 2 days off sugar, and things are already tasting sweeter to me.

Cool

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#332262 - 07/11/08 11:00 AM

Unregistered

What have you eaten today
I am almost out of groceries, so have to eat what I have on hand
For breakfast I had a bowl of oatmeal and for lnch i fixed me a baked potato and had some sugar free applesauce
I am trying to drink lots of water
I wish I had bananas as that kind of fruit does not bother me
just curious what you are eating

Good Luck! new
      #332264 - 07/11/08 12:01 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Godd luck to both of you! I am here for support! Just send all of the weight loss to me I'll even pay the posatage! Good luck!

emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

#332266 - 07/11/08 12:30 PM
fancymom

Hey girlfriend!
Ok. For breakfast I had a banana and 2 pieces of ezekiel bread with soy cream cheese. 10am snack I had a peach. Lunch I had a taco salad with romaine lettuce, soy cheddar, soy sour cream, tomatoes, taco sauce and low fat corn chips. It was delicious!!
Now for my afternoon snack I think Im gonna have a pear.

So far so good. How are you feeling?

--------------------
FancyMom

#332268 - 07/11/08 12:32 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Fancymom, that's a lot of IF! I couldn't handle all of that! Are you stable? How long?

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Good Luck! new
      #332269 - 07/11/08 12:32 PM
fancymom

Ok, Shiela. You just keep on rubbing your skinniness on me, and maybe it will work
MAN! Am I jealous!!

--------------------
FancyMom

#332270 - 07/11/08 12:33 PM
fancymom

Yup. Feelin' good!
I have been off and on stable for a few years.

--------------------
FancyMom

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1303 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 196214

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review