All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: Ok, Girls...ready to go sugar free?!?! new
      #332233 - 07/10/08 01:26 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Thanks Stef!

Me and Dee will keep ya posted on how things are going, right Dee?! You go GIRL!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#332237 - 07/10/08 01:29 PM

Unregistered

Oh absolutely I am in
Last yar in June my brother in law got real sick, and was in intnsive care for 9 weeks. My sister stayed with us, as they lived out of town abut an hour away,and I went with her everyday to the hospital to see Dave. August 14 we lost Dave. He was 61 years old
I lost 32 pounds since une of last year, and seem to be at a stand still right now. Of course I don't want anyone to get sick again, like Dave did, but I do want to continue losing moe pounds
So yes i am in, and will give anyone who needs support the support I an
Good luck
How many are in this challenge of not eating sugar
good luck
Hugs, DeeDee

#332239 - 07/10/08 02:02 PM
fancymom

Wow. I am so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. That must have been very hard for your sister...and you!

Well, looks like it's just you and me...for now. I don't think anybody else wants to do it.
I know you want to do it to lose weight, and so do I. BUT, I also am doing it because sugar makes me feel SOOOO BAD! Just moody, and depressed, and fatigued, bloated and tired...and FAT, of course. Anyway, I'm doing it not only for me, but for my kids and my husband. I am a much nicer person when I am sugar free.

Anyway, take a look at this webpage. It's a very interesting and inspiring story. I think you will like it!

http://www.firstourselves.com/first_ourselves/2007/10/kick-your-sugar.html

This is gonna be a fun journey for us, Dee!! I'm very excited!

--------------------
FancyMom

#332240 - 07/10/08 02:04 PM

Unregistered

I had a flareup yesterday and can not figure out why
the things I ate the day before I always eat with no problem. The only thing diferent I ate befoe I went to bed was canned peaches. Now I did not at soluble fiber with it, and wonder if that could be the reason or maybe sometimes it just hapens. It is frustrating
good luck to you
Hugs, DeeDee

#332241 - 07/10/08 02:12 PM
fancymom

Hey Dee.
Maybe it could have been the canned peaches. Did they have any added sugar in them, or any wierd preservatives? Try cutting back a little on the soluble fiber. Sometimes if I have too much it makes me very gassy and crampy. Grab the heating pad, relax on the couch, and start drinking LOTS of good quality water.

2 Books you may want to get and read...they are awesome!!

"Get the Sugar Out" and "Lick the Sugar Habit"

I have both of them and they are great!!
Hope you get to feeling better soon!

--------------------
FancyMom

#332242 - 07/10/08 03:01 PM

Unregistered

I was thinking, too, it as probably the peaches,and wondered if maybe the sugar or the syrup or whatever the liquid was might be it.
I did not take the soluble fiber yeateray or the questan yesterday, but stated again today.
will too much of the soluble fibe give you problems I do not know anymore
I will check out the books,and also the website you sent for th3 link
Thanks so much
Hugs, DeeDee

#332247 - 07/10/08 05:08 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I'm so on the fence!!! I so want to just suck it up and do it but it's so hard because I can't seem to figure out my other intolerances! I really think I have a problem with wheat and/or gluten and it's so hard to give up wheat and sugar at the same time! It would be easy if I could eat big salads and all of the fruit I want, but sadly that's not the case...

I need some support and motivation here! Fancymom, tell me all about how great you feel after your first day!!

--------------------
IBS-C

#332249 - 07/10/08 05:48 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

LOl. I am a chicken! But I did awesome today. I ate NOTHING sweet until tonight when I had a little sweet after dinner. Huge improvement for me! yay!

--------------------
IBS-A

#332252 - 07/10/08 06:32 PM
fancymom

Good Job, Aly! Keep it going, girlfriend!!

--------------------
FancyMom

#332253 - 07/10/08 06:39 PM
fancymom

Ok, Fen. I cannot lie. I do not feel terrific. I will say I have been very tired today. I think it's because my blood sugar is stabilizing, and I am coming off my sugar high. I used to eat a LOT of sugar. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - and snacks in between!

I think you should go for it, but that has to be your decision, totally. Everyone tells us that sugar is bad for you, and it's true. It completely messes with your body's immune system, digestive system, cardiovascular system, AND endocrine system. It depletes your body of vital minerals(mainly calcium, magnesium, chromium and zinc), and makes you have insomnia. Not to mention makes you an emotional mess (at least I was!)

Anyway, I hope you make the decision that's right for you, and IF you decide to join me and Dee, we are THRILLED to have you!! Right Dee?!?!

--------------------
FancyMom

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1056 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 196837

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review