All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)
Re: OK.....count me in! new
      #333630 - 07/30/08 07:58 PM

Unregistered

Okay girls
Here I go again
I am kind of frustrated also
I need to get busy and buckle down bcuase I do not want to gain this weight back, and I am so afraid I am gong to
It makes me reflect bck to how I lost the weight, a little ove a year ago when I spent so much time at the hospital with my sister when her husband was so bad and how stss had a lot to do withit, but also I knew I had to be careful with my illnss, and not get sick when I was with her and my dear brother in law
I guess I better buckle down and get to work again
I too wish there were an easy fix. I wish it would be so easy to use a magic wand.
It is so frustrating to me
Help, I need help
Hugs, DeeDee

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#333632 - 07/30/08 08:04 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

We're here for ya, Dee!!! You can do it! {{{hugs}}}

I fell off the wagon.....and I fell HARD! new
      #333635 - 07/30/08 08:22 PM
Nugget

Well......I was at Sam's Club today to by some healthy stuff. I went to the produce section. I picked out a nice bag of oranges. I wanted plums, but they didn't have any. I haven't even eaten oranges for a long time. I don't even know if they will agree with my IBS, but they smelled so good and a good sweet orange sounded good to me. I also put a bag of avocados in my basket. I've been eating them lately and loving them. I only eat a little bit at a time...and they agree with me and are good for me. But then as I was headed to the checkout line, I passed that damn bakery section. There they were....those deliciously soft, large, fresh cookies. 24 to a package...8 oatmeal raison, 8 mini M&M chips, 8 chocolate chunk. Then right next to them were the "Brookies"....half chocolate chip cookie, half brownie bites. I looked at the price...the mini brownie bite/cookies were over $6 and those cookies were only a little over $4 for 24 cookies! My husband is still out of town for a couple days.... "I can put most of them in the freezer for when he gets home", I said to myself . So I picked up the package of cookies and put them in my basket along with my oranges and avocados. "I'll only have one." I told myself. I put my items in my car, opened that package of cookies and had one before leaving the Sam's parking lot! It tasted sooooo good! I didn't even care what the consiquences might be on my IBS later. It was soooo soft, the chocolate chunks melted in my mouth! I immediately felt guilty. Like a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar! I told myself that as soon as I got home, I would put them all in the freezer. But, I had the rest of my day to finish at work....I was on my lunch hour. Later, while I was at work, my husband called. He was heading into town for supplies for his project he's been working on at our mountain property. "Would you like to go to dinner when I get to town?" he asked. "That sounds great!" I replied. Little did he know that I had planned on eating safe for supper since I just "sinned" and had a delicious chocolate chunk cookie! We went with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to Applebee's. I wasn't very hungry...so I just ordered the small portion chicken finger basket. I didn't eat hardly any of the fries and the chicken fingers were small. Everything agreed with me. My tummy surprizingly wasn't rumbling!! My husband left the restaurant to go back up to our mountain property with my sister-in-law and I took my mother-in-law home. When I got home, I had two more of those delicious cookies....this time I had one chocolate chunk and one of the mini M&M chip cookies....along with a small glass of ice cold skim milk!!! Lord it tasted soooo good! I had died and gone to heaven....and if I pay for it tomorrow, it will be OK....because it was sooooo tasty!!! Lord I appologize...but you shouldn't have tempted me with those cookies!!

Re: I fell off the wagon.....and I fell HARD! new
      #333638 - 07/30/08 11:45 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

You did better than me - I would have eaten them all at one time! Who knows - this may be one time they don't bother you - you've already repented anyway! LOL Hope you don't feel any after affects at all.... Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#333646 - 07/31/08 06:13 AM
Nugget

Well, I'm paying the price today. Real tired, and in the bathroom a lot this morning. Decided to stay home from work. I shouldn't have eaten those cookies and milk.

#333651 - 07/31/08 07:21 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

HA!!
I don't blame you, Nuggett...if I was with you, I probably would have helped you polish off the whole container!!

How's your tummy today?? Feelin' alright?

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#333652 - 07/31/08 07:22 AM
fancymom

UH OH. I was afraid of that. BAD GIRL!! ((hand slap))

Well, ya better get back on the wagon - and FAST!!

--------------------
FancyMom

#333653 - 07/31/08 07:23 AM
fancymom

It's ok, Dee ((hugs))

You can do this!! Just take it one day at a time.

--------------------
FancyMom

#333655 - 07/31/08 07:30 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Your story sounds so .....sinful! you naughty girl!

I hate days like that when you feel good and then begin to indulge.You eat everything in sight and know you're going to pay for it but somehow just can't stop!!!!!

Oh I hope you feel better today and when you want to indulge,do it on a Friday!I reckon it's the same as a hangover.Others can get plastered and recover on Saturday...so can I!!!!!

Ps....Now I want a cookie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Edited by dragonfly (07/31/08 07:31 AM)

#333661 - 07/31/08 08:19 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

You are so much braver than me! I am to scared to try that stuff. My mom and dh loves blackbery tea and I am dying to try some just to chicken. I miss cookies so bad! I was in the checkoout line at wal-mart yesterday hungry and wanted a 3 muskateers bar so bad! I know how it is to want something. Take care and feel better soon! (((hugs))
Emmasmom (Sheila)
ibs-c
gas

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 196653

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review