All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)
Re: OK.....count me in! new
      #333213 - 07/25/08 10:28 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Yes....my name is Nugget...and I'm addicted to Dove Dark Chocolate. But I only allow myself 1 or 2 pieces a day.

Keep up the good work Fancy. Glad you are feeling better doing this. I'm trying.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I've decided to go salt free, too.... new
      #333238 - 07/25/08 05:30 PM
Nugget

I've decided I eat too much salt and am going to cut it out. I eat way less than my mom....she salts EVERYTHING before tasting. I don't use a whole lot of salt, but there are certain things that I use too much on. For instance, potatoes, eggs, etc. So I'm going to give it a try. Tonight I didn't add any salt at all. I had a homemade "safe (for me)" burrito with a little sour cream and avocado. I usually have to add a little salt to the sour cream and avocado, but tonight I didn't and it tasted just fine.

Re: I've decided to go salt free, too.... new
      #333261 - 07/26/08 11:22 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Good girl!! You go. I am a complete salt addict! I seriously need to give it up, but I just can't

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#333262 - 07/26/08 11:24 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Ok, Nugget. Now I look 6 months pregnant. TOO MUCH SF!!

This is rediculous! I look like the goodyear blimp!! I am gonna have to put some IF back into my diet. Gotta have my ezekiel bread back!! Any other suggestions of some good IF??

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Re: I've decided to go salt free, too.... new
      #333265 - 07/26/08 12:27 PM
Nugget

I used soooo much salt as I was growing up. And as I look back on it, I only did it because my mom did it. She put salt on her watermelon and cantalope, so I did, too. She put salt on everything before tasting it, so I did, too. But when I grew up, went away to college and lived on my own, I found out that watermelon and cantalope tasted sooooo much better without salt...and so did other things. But there are certain things I still put too much salt on even now. So I'm just going to stop and enjoy the taste of the food with as little or no salt added. I wish my mom would do the same. She's always complaining about her feet swelling, etc. Welllllll, duh...most of the reason is all that salt she eats. And she has high blood pressure....it would be helped by cutting out the salt, too. She won't listen very well, though.

#333266 - 07/26/08 12:32 PM
Nugget

Sorry Fancy....
How about oatmeal cereal? Can you have lettuce? I had a small salad for lunch...it tasted so good. I get hungry for them once in a while. So I usually wait until a weekend when I know I will be home in case the salad doesn't agree with my IBS-D. But, so far, so good. I've been taking probiotics for over a month now....and I really think they have made a tremendous difference in my IBS-D.

Hey, I know what will be good IF....Oatmeal cookies with Dove Dark Chocolate!! Ohhhh I'm bad....Sorry! I appologize.

I've also been trying this! new
      #333267 - 07/26/08 01:00 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hey girls, I really have to read this section as well, usually I just go to the Eating for IBS board!
I wanted to let you know that I've also been trying to reduce my sugar intake (not very successfully though). I stopped buying sweets for myself; however, I went to a wedding and a wedding celebration yesterday and today so I did have some sweets there. But at least I didn't go nuts over the cake like I usually do, lol! Starting tomorrow I don't have any more events to attend so I will definitely try to stick to the diet!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

fancymom... new
      #333268 - 07/26/08 01:20 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Fancymom, what is the type of fiber in Fibercon, is it psyllium husk? And, is it SF or IF?
That is so interesting that you actually get better on a diet that contains more IF than SF (unless I'm reading your posts wrong). I've done a lot of thinking lately, trying to reconsider my diet. I've been reading the posts of kim123 (mainly yeast free, sugar free diet), and also Tatyana's and yours. It actually seems like both of you need a lot more IF than SF. I wish what works for one IBS-C would work for another and I could just copy their meal plan and be fine! So anyway, I think I'm going to combine a few things from each approach (some EFI principles, no sugar, low wheat, higher IF) and hopefully a miracle will happen !

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: I've also been trying this! new
      #333278 - 07/26/08 02:58 PM

Unregistered

I need someone to give me a quick kick in the butt. I am trying so hard to not eat sugar. I guess my problem is I buy some things like oreo vanilla cookies and boston ceme rolls for my little grandson whome I watch, and i have been sneaking them
How bad of me
I am so disgusted with myself
I need to eat healthier, and so much want a salad but it does big numbers on my systom. I can hardly eat beggies, and fresh fruit except for bananas
I know the dr. put me on high fiber diet, and there are so many things i can not have, like cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, fresh, that is, brocoli, and then of course we are talking fruits
what am i to do
I need help and I am sorry I sound like a broken record, but this is fustrating
I will try my best not to eat those snacks also. After i eat them i get real upset
I am here to give support but believe me, I amnot one to talk about cutting out sugar when I don't even do it
sorry about that

Re: I've decided to go salt free, too....
      #333279 - 07/26/08 03:01 PM

Unregistered

I probbly could very easily go salt free before I can go sugar free.
salt is not much of a problem to me
Lets make a pack and all of us go salt free nd sugar free. LOL
who is talking here?
LOL
Hugs, DeeDee

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 912 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 196451

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review