All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
the verdict new
      #328759 - 04/23/08 06:35 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

is good! Turns out that coughing this chronically...like 4 months just really irriated my vocal cords. They're fine though--no real damage. Just to be super safe, he wants to do a CT on Friday and if that looks OK I'm going on some super hard core antibiotics and steroids. I said I have IBS pretty bad sometimes and he said to wait and do the CT first--nice doc!!
But oh boy did the anxiety get me. I almost lost it in the doc's office--we're talking 50 min of just sitting there. My sweet husband just held my hand and let me breath. I was going nuts, but my deep breathing worked very well. Thank goodness.
The scope they did wasn't terrible either, so I'm glad it turned out well. I'm going to attempt to teach my classes tomorrow morning. It's only 9-12, so hopefully I can get in and out quickly and rest my voice in the afternoon!
Thanks, hawkeye, for thinking about me! I know anxiety is rough on you too--any suggestions for how to deal in a public place, such as a doc's office? I wanted to bury my head and just cry!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: the verdict new
      #328772 - 04/24/08 06:20 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

You really don't want to hear me sing. Trust me.

But I'm glad to hear it was nothing serious for you.

Re: the verdict new
      #328779 - 04/24/08 09:24 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

What a relief - i was very concerned it might be nodes on your vocal cords. As for anxiety, I've started meditating daily and am beginning to cope a little better. I don't have any quick fix suggestions because none of them have ever worked for me! Glad you made it through this okay.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Re: any singers or voice-users? new
      #328781 - 04/24/08 09:41 AM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

From one singer to another, I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery! Keep us posted on any other tests. You'll be singing beautifully again soon, I'm sure...

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

today was better new
      #328795 - 04/24/08 12:18 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I was actually able to teach today! Granted, I took it easy and sang quietly and all, but I was able to do it! So that was a big step. I have a cat scan tomorrow to make sure it really is just my sinuses...but I believe it is. Still, trying to remain calm considering my anxiety yesterday got really bad! Wish me luck!
Thanks for all te well wishes!! Singing is something that comes to natural to me, that today when I was actually able to sing in the shower, everything felt 100 percent better!!!

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 476 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4049

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review