All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Puppy pictures and various updates!
      #325992 - 03/04/08 09:16 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have been doing ok, still having a lot of pain and fatigue but my next infusion is this Thursday so hoping that will be another step in the right direction! My battle against the bulge is going slowly but I am down 16 pounds! I have started on some supplements to help with my thyroid and wacky hormones and meet with that doc again next Tuesday. My insurance will not pay for the human growth hormone that I need and its WAY to expensive for us to pay for so not sure whats going to happen with that. Overall, I am trying to be positive and not stress so much-its harder some days than others. I have been seeing my shrink every week and that helps!

It was a slow day at the office yesterday so I took some pictures. Now, I know that not everyone loves me boys as much as me but I wanted to share. Harley, the brown one, is a pure breed shih tzu with a massive under bite. This was his first time in pigtails, much to my husbands dismay! He kept calling him gay dog yesterday! Disclaimer, we have nothing against gay people but when we bought Harley, I promised I wouldn't dress him to girly and I think this pushes the line a bit but he is so darn cute! LOL

Oliver, the black one, is a shih tzu poodle mix, I call him a [censored] poo! He was a rescue dog so I don't know how true the mix is but he is a great little guy! We were going to keep him cut shorter but have decided to let his hair grow as well so he is in the process of growing out his bangs and looks a little shaggy on top! I am hoping the bangs will soon be long enough to get into a proper top knot!

Well, I hope the pictures at least bring a smile to your face!

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/michelebrake/harley%20pigtails%203-3-08/

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Puppy pictures and various updates! new
      #326001 - 03/04/08 10:08 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

LOL!!!

I am not a big fan of little dogs (I prefer big dogs!), but these guys are pretty darn cute!!!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#326002 - 03/04/08 10:11 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh Michele your pups are sooo darn cute! I love the pigtails. I am glad to hear that you are taking things day by day. I so hope that this treatment puts you on the right path for feeling better. I know that I would feel better if this darn weather would warm up!!!! I hate winter!

Pin-up pups! new
      #326025 - 03/04/08 12:38 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Your pigtail pics of Harley and Oliver always put me in such a good mood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

~nelly~

Re: Thanks Girls! new
      #326031 - 03/04/08 01:12 PM
michele

I obviously think they are the cutest things in the world! LOL!! I wanted lap dogs and got so much more, its incredible the amount of love you can get from a furry little critter!!!!

--------------------

#326042 - 03/04/08 02:11 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

So cute! Is it me or does Harley actually look like a fur-covered person??? He has such character--and yes, you've definitely crossed the "girly" line.

Sorry to hear your insurance company won't budge. Is the HGH something different from the infusions?

And big CONGRATS on the 16-pound weight loss! That is awesome!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#326054 - 03/04/08 03:18 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

As always Michele your pups are adorable!! I love Harleys little piggy tails - regardless of what your DH said!!

Wishing you all the best for Thursday's treatment too!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Growth Hormone new
      #326087 - 03/05/08 06:59 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Just wanted to say that I inject myself with Growth hormone twice a day.

I had it when I was growing up, as I have a problem with my pituitary gland. When I was about 26 I took part in a study to see how it affects insulin levels (I think) and discovered that I nearly had osteoporosis. Five years of growth hormone and my spine is just below normal now.

Other side effects of not having enough as an adult include fatigue, depression, weight gain around the stomach, increased risk of heart disease and stroke.

For me, I don't feel massively different, as I have always had low levels. However, other people have found it changes their life and they are able to function normally again.

Good luck. Not everywhere funds it here, but by doing the trial, it was hard for the doctors to say no once I had been on it for a year with benefits.

#326115 - 03/05/08 12:37 PM
michele

Yes, Harley is back in his one top knot today! I told Will I would save the pigtails for when he wasn't around, Harley didn't seem to mind them! LOL!! He is very expressive as is Oliver. I have only had cats before this and I am amazed at the different expressions they come up with!

The HGH is completely different from the remicade infusions. I see that doc on Tuesday so hope to find an alternative.

--------------------

#326116 - 03/05/08 12:37 PM
michele

Thanks Toady! I am hoping all goes well tomorrow and I start the road to recovery!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1097 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3951

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review