All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: can you smoke weed? new
      #324612 - 02/12/08 05:32 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Dude, look at the hornet's nest you stirred up! Without the lecture, I will say that inhaling smoke of any forms tends to aggravate people with IBS's stomachs. It would really be an individual thing whether it messes your stomach up or not. I know it was rough on my stomach back when I was a foolish high school kid.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#324634 - 02/13/08 09:18 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Settting aside the health/legal implications, the few times i smoked pot i got super nauseous - like immediately puking my guts out. And that was pre-IBS. So it's maybe not the wisest thing for a sensitive tummy. plus, when the "munchies" strike you will be far more likely to scarf down very IBS-unfriendly foods!

That being said - some people find pot extremely helpful in the management of pain. So i am not going to judge anyone who finds it helpful in that respect. To each his own.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#324636 - 02/13/08 09:28 AM
anna1313

Reged: 02/10/08

alright well i dont smoke it right now. almost all of my friends do so i was going to try it, but im sick of having to deal w. my stomach. im not going to though anytime soon.

#324644 - 02/13/08 09:50 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

alright well i dont smoke it right now. almost all of my friends do so i was going to try it, but im sick of having to deal w. my stomach. im not going to though anytime soon.

If almost all your friends where going going to jump off....oh never mind....

Anyway.... I'd say from personal experience not to waist your time, money, or health on it. I think back now to all the things that I COULD have been doing instead of sitting on the couch vegging out, eating crap and then getting sick from it all..... then repeating several nights a week just because my friends thought is was cool. Not so cool when the credit card companies started calling wanting my min payment..... try explaining all your money going to pot and munchie..... does not fly very well. Or, not being able to stop giggling and coughing when your Mom calls and she KNOWS something is up!! Ok.... this old fart is gonna shut up now!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 708 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4591

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review