All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
RE:HOHOYUMYUM new
      #323593 - 01/31/08 05:19 AM
prissy

Reged: 01/08/08
Loc: n.c

I KNOW PEOPLE DON'T SIT ON HERE LOOKING TO WRITE ANSWERS BUT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO BE SO BLUNT WITH WHAT YOU SAID, LOOK I'M NEW TO THIS SO MAYBE YOU NEED TO BE A LITTLE MORE UNDERSTANDING NEXT TIME.. SOME OF YOU HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR YEARS I HAVEN'T AND MAYBE I WAS EXPECTING TO MUCH TO SOON BUT OH WELL!!!!!! HAVE A NICE DAY

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: RE:HOHOYUMYUM
      #323595 - 01/31/08 07:21 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I for one, didn't see anything blunt about Hohoyumyum's response. She said exactly what I would have said.

Just FYI, it is usually considered to be rude to use all caps online on message boards and emails. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE YELLING AT SOMEONE. MANY PEOPLE WILL SIMPLY BE TURNED OFF BECAUSE OF THE CAPS. Is that fair, maybe not but in this technical age, there are certain etiquette rules, and that's one of them.

Please know that everyone on here is dealing with IBS in the best way that they can and we've all suffered. I know that when you're at your worst, your patience is low...but like she said, people answer when they can. No one was purposely not answering you. The people that read your post and didn't respond probably didn't have an answer for you. Sorry that you felt ignored.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Prissy new
      #323598 - 01/31/08 08:14 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Also, it isn't necessary to start a new post for every comment. You can just post your response to anyone directly under their post by hitting repy. That way, the board isn't as cluttered with new posts.

Hope you don't get offended at this. As Flipada said, we all suffer with IBS...daily. Some severely. If I don't don't have a response, I can't post an answer but I don't intentionally hold back info that might help someone. I too, was interested in the answer to your question.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Prissy new
      #323603 - 01/31/08 08:21 AM
prissy

no offence taken i guess i have alot to learn i guess because all this is so new to me i'm just looking for answers to try and calm my nerves thats all i didn't mean to offend any one..sorry

Re: Prissy new
      #323605 - 01/31/08 08:25 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I totally understand the desparation. Please continue to post. It can be so frustrating when nobody seems to answer. There doesn't seem to be as many people posting answers as much as their used to be (or maybe it just seems that way to me). And I'm not sure what happened to all the moderators.

Also, you may find you get more responses if you post food/symptom questions on the Eating Board. The living room is basically for non-IBS gossip!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: new
      #323607 - 01/31/08 08:34 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Priscilla.... I'M SO GLAD YOU STOPPED YELLING!! Just kidding!! Welcome to the boards!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: RE:HOHOYUMYUM new
      #323613 - 01/31/08 08:56 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hey, Prissy, welcome to the boards! Well, I didn't see anything rude in Hohoyumyum's post -- in her wording or tone. Hoho's been here for a long time and she's an excellent resource and a really good person. She was just letting you know why you might not have gotten a response yet and the correct way to post questions. You might want to try posting IBS specific questions on the IBS diet board. There are a lot more posters there and it's the place to take all your IBS questions.

Best wishes!

#323696 - 01/31/08 07:35 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

My intention was not to offend you, and I hope you'll stick around and keep searching for the answers you need. I know that I am very blunt, and I am aware that sometimes that comes off as rude. However, I honestly don't have the time in my day to candy-coat anything and I do have good intentions. Please accept my apologies if I've upset you. And I hope that you start feeling better soon.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#323718 - 02/01/08 11:23 AM
prissy

It's fine, i guess with this stuff going on i'm wareing my feelings on my sleeve ,and sorry about the cap's i didn't know i was yelling , like i said i guess i have alot to learn this computer thing is new to me as well.If you could see me type you would fall out of your chair laughing at me,we only got this thing because i have a daughter in the military who is serving in Iraq so this is our way to stay in touch with her and it very slow on my end.But thank you for not getting offended with me Thanks alot....

#323722 - 02/01/08 11:42 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Sometimes it's hard NOT to sound blunt on a computer – I mean, there's no body language, and you can't hear tone of voice or inflections on certain words. I guess that's why I use the emoticons so much – I'm afraid people will think I'm being rude or blunt when I'm just trying to help…

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 443 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3706

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review