All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What's in a banana?
      #323167 - 01/25/08 12:48 PM
Fatso

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: United States

One day I had a bad reaction to a banana (soluble fiber) and a bottle of water (good for dieters and IBS sufferers).

I was thinking there must be something in a banana that reacts with water (like dehydrated acid) but I don't know what this could be.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's in a banana? new
      #323173 - 01/25/08 01:09 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

You got sick because you have IBS. Until you are fully on the diet, following every aspect of it, and taking the right amount of fiber, you will still have trouble even after eating "safe" foods. It's part of the syndrome. It's going to take a while to get stable, and even when you are following everything precisely, you will still have very bad days. It's just part of the reality you have to accept with this diagnosis.

There's nothing wrong with bananas. Continue to eat them as part of your IBS diet. If you notice that they seem to upset you each and every time you eat them, eliminate them. Many of us have to omit items that are perfectly tolerable for other IBS'ers.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#323176 - 01/25/08 02:23 PM
Fatso

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: United States

Quote:

You got sick because you have IBS. Until you are fully on the diet, following every aspect of it, and taking the right amount of fiber, you will still have trouble even after eating "safe" foods. It's part of the syndrome. It's going to take a while to get stable, and even when you are following everything precisely, you will still have very bad days. It's just part of the reality you have to accept with this diagnosis.

There's nothing wrong with bananas. Continue to eat them as part of your IBS diet. If you notice that they seem to upset you each and every time you eat them, eliminate them. Many of us have to omit items that are perfectly tolerable for other IBS'ers.

Well that sucks.

I should say that time I had the banana whole (not sliced or chopped) and with nothing else but water.
I'll try that again as a test.
If I hurt again, I'll have it with insoluble fiber.

It may be that fiber is like a scale.
A cup of SF with no IF will tip it, but taken with IF the cups will be equal.

#323308 - 01/27/08 09:01 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

OMG! NEVER have any fruit with water, especially bananas! If you must have a drink with bananas the only thing that goes with it is milk generally speaking or a cup of tea with milk(not herbal).

Water + Banana or any fruit = nausea and pain!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1761 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1280

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review