All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Stomach flu... Aly- can you help me, its my turn to have it now! new
      #322332 - 01/14/08 02:54 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks for your help Aly! I too have lost 5 pounds which I figure is one plus thats come out of this! I have never had a stomach bug like this before. It all started Saturday for me and I had mild vomiting but major cramping and major D. Sunday was better but still some cramping and D. Now today the cramping seems to be gone and I had one round of D. I havent taken and imodium yet, but if tommorow (when I plan on going back to work) I am still having D, I will take one. I was able to eat some chicken broth today and a piece of plain white toast. I've been sipping on ginger ale and water too. I figure tonight I will have a 1/2 cup of plain white rice. I have heard of the BRAT diet for D: bananas, rice, apples and toast. I'm gonna skip the bananas and apples though! Argh, I hope it all clears up tommorow. I guess just a lovely perk of being a first grade teacher right?! Thanks again for your help!

Stefanie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#322346 - 01/14/08 06:09 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

How are you feeling tonight? I am a teacher too! I teach at a place called Gymboree Play and Music-- I pretty much run around with 15 kids and their grown ups for 45 minutes per class. It's a wonderful job, but SO difficult when you aren't feeling well. There isn't anyone to cover classes as our staff is so small... so last week I ended up throwing up during class! (of course I made it to the bathroom...but just!)
Anyway, hang in there and I'm hoping for a happy CALM belly day tomorrow for both of us! XO!

--------------------
IBS-A

#322405 - 01/15/08 03:14 PM
steffiejoy

Hey Aly! Today I am feeling better thanks for asking! This morning I was pretty weak and tired. But I havent eaten in two days and I lost 8 pounds cause of all this. How are you feeling? I noticed you are from Ohio too, I think Ohio has been hit pretty hard with this flu bug. I know a lot of people who have had it. I know what you mean about no appetite, I havent gotten mine back yet. I teach at a place called Hope Academy in the inner city of Cleveland. I teach first grade. I love teaching first grade, but sometimes I wonder about my profession... between all this IBS running to the bathroom stuff and now the stomach flu, schools are just a haven for germs and sickness. But what are you going to do? Teaching is what I've always wanted to do! Well, anyways thanks for your help through it. Hope youre doing well!!

Stefanie

Re: Stomach flu... it's not just in Ohio! new
      #322414 - 01/15/08 04:47 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I just wanted to butt my nose in and give my two cents. I am also an elementary school teacher (special ed, grades 3 and 4) and in December a horrible stomach flu/virus was going around our school. Needless to say, I of course caught it and thought I was literally going to die for 3 days straight. Like you, though, I barely ate anything during that time and just drank water or sipped on chicken soup and the D went away. Once the D subsided, I had a horrible stomach ache, worse even than period pains, which lasted almost a whole day. But then they left as quickly as they began and I was back to normal in a few days (well, normal by IBS standards). So Ohio is not the only place the sickness is going around -- it's here in Maryland as well. And I know what you mean about being a teacher. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life because I love it and the kids so much. But IBS certainly does make it difficult sometimes, especially since I have been having such gas issues lately -- gotta love the usual immature kid reaction of "Ewwwww, someone farted!" Luckily, they never seem to think to blame me, hehe . Good luck with the rest of your school year!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

So Long For Now! new
      #322418 - 01/15/08 05:25 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

I'm not leaving the boards, but I leave this thread to those of you who can stomach it! I can't read these posts, they're freaking me out much more! I hope you all feel better soon. For my own part, I've started getting some referrals for therapists and for hypno and also biofeedback which my father has been telling me to try for 25 years.....

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Re: panic panic blah blah blah an attempt not to post the same old sh&* new
      #322433 - 01/16/08 12:08 AM
Haythioius

Reged: 01/15/08

Well I know nothing about panic attacks and what not, I am only 14 so I can't be of too much help. But I find when my parents try to talk to me about it and comfort me I begin to cry also. When I am alone I can control myself fine, it's just when people ask me about it. I have no idea why that is, so I will keep an eye on this and see everyone's replies. Hopefully someone knows.

#322454 - 01/16/08 09:30 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

it really is going around! I just posted another post, but I think I just got the stomach flu again. one week later. I'm miserable!!!!!

--------------------
IBS-A

#322583 - 01/17/08 05:17 PM
steffiejoy

Oh my goodness Aly, I cant believe you got it again! Thats horrible! Is it just like how you had it last week? Maybe this one is food poisioning? Ugh, I hate this time of year! I think us IBSers seem to have it worse with catching things like this. If our stomach doesnt hate us enough! I dont know what the weather has been like in Columbus or Maryland, but in Cleveland.. it was 65 degrees and 29 degrees all in the span of one week! I mean thats gotta be a huge reason why we get sick. I want to move somewhere warm! Fortunetly its "records day" at work tommorow so no sick kids! We all need a break! Hope you feel better!

Stefanie

Re: gotta love kids! new
      #322584 - 01/17/08 05:18 PM
steffiejoy

Hehe..there has been many times when I have passed gas and because I teach first graders they just blame each other. Gotta love it!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17544

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review