All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
No problem, hon,, and... new
      #322276 - 01/13/08 07:08 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

By the second trimester, you're going to feel more amazing than you ever have. I was virtually IBS free, and the more pregnant I was, the more "forbidden" foods I could tolerate (small amounts of course)! tee hee! So much to look forward to. Don't forget the ginger tea or candied ginger!
xoxo, A.
And, CONGRATS!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnant Advice new
      #323592 - 01/31/08 04:26 AM
Narns

Reged: 01/11/08

Congratulations you pregnant gals.

I suffered IBS during my pregnancy as well as some food poisoning. Baby is beautiful and healthy. - Now 18 months old.

I had the worst, worst morning sickness which I thought was due to my liver having to work so hard from the IBS issues. I took Blackmores Morning sickness tablets (Vitamin B6 and ginger)

Great news was, IBS disappeared for a few days after gestational diabetes test (strong glucose drink) and it finally led me to realise I was fructose intolerant. Now I have very few symptoms unless I break my diet.

Good luck with your pregnancy

#328606 - 04/21/08 03:19 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

How you doing NOW??

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#328669 - 04/22/08 12:09 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

You are crazy at the crap you remember, Ms Shell!

Before I got pregnant, my IBS was in remission. Although I'm not having as many attacks as I was when I was 5 weeks, I'm still having more attacks than I had when I wasn't pregnant. It sucks - especially since I'm well into my 2nd trimester at 21 weeks, but I'm getting use to them again.

Thanks for remembering.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#328712 - 04/23/08 07:21 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Jennifer, I never have problems anymore either, EXCEPT when I'm pregnant. I'm almost 30 weeks, and I still have issues. But from what I recall, it goes away after pregnancy ends. So just hang in there!

--------------------

#328761 - 04/23/08 07:19 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I have been on here in forever but I want to say congratulations first and for most!!!!!! Do you know what you are having??

My ibs went into remission with my pregnancy with little Zoe and it was great but as soon as af came back, it was back. Although I went from d to more c. With little Jaxon (he's going to be 17 months next week ) my ibs was terrible during most of my pregnancy. I have never had such terrible c with him. But guess what? I have had very few problems since he has been born!!! Af returned in October and the only time I do it seems to have an issue it seems to be anxiety related. The only down side is that I haven't been able to get rid of those extra pounds with all the food that I haven't been able to eat!

#329011 - 04/28/08 08:24 AM
Jennifer Rose

I hope so! I definitely don't miss my IBS at all. :P

--------------------
- Jennifer

#329013 - 04/28/08 08:27 AM
Jennifer Rose

Thanks Heidi! Nope, it's going to be a surprise. It's so weird how so many people find out nowadays. I wasn't expecting to be in the minority of waiting to find out.

Aww your kids are getting so big! That sucks about your IBS. I'm hoping mine goes back into remission as soon as this kid pops out. Even though I've had more attacks while pregnant, the pain factor hasn't been nearly as bad as it was when I was first diagnosed.

Didn't you guys move into a bigger house? How are you liking it?

--------------------
- Jennifer

#329025 - 04/28/08 10:57 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

We didn't find out with our first either. We didn't want to and it was so exciting not to know. Nothing like hearing "It's a Girl!" For some reason we always had a reason to find out with the other 3. I'm glad we knew Jaxon was a boy. At that point, we didn't have any gender neutral clothes. Just lots and lots of pink!

Our house has been on the market for two years now but we are still here. We would love a bigger house but so far we are still here.

#329042 - 04/28/08 03:26 PM
Jennifer Rose

That's the reason I don't want to find out. I want to hear that "It's a girl/boy!" at the end. My boyfriend finally agreed to wait and is excited about waiting now.

Ugh, that really sucks. Hopefully your house will sell soon.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9436

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review