Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pity Party (Some icky details)
      #318678 - 11/14/07 07:20 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

You know, when I came online I was really looking to just vent out all my frustrations and get a little pity party for myself going but then I read Nelly and Michele's posts and realise that I really shouldn't be feeling so sorry for myself when so much is going on to all my IBS friends!

Having said that, I do feel like I could use a little support from the only people who I really think will understand what I am going through. I have been off work for a few months now and I really want to get back to work, but it seems like every time I start to get somewhere, something happens.
I went to Mexico and came back, really sick. I went to get tests and found out it looked like I had parasites, which seemed like really good news because I was sooo sick and if I heard "it's just IBS" again, I was gonna freak. So I took a ten day course of nasty medication and thought I was starting to feel a little better.
Then I started feeling worse again and I went today to get the stuff to do another stool sample to see if its the parasites still or while I was waiting at the doctor's office, had to run to the bathroom from the waiting room. Then I got home, felt all crampy and then suddenly... I didn't make it to the bathroom for the second time in the past month.
WHAT THE HE!!????
I just turned 25 years old, and I am starting to think I am gonna have to start wearing diapers if I wanna go back to work?! I am feeling so humiliated and low, and obviously can't talk to anyone about it because who can relate to this??
I feel so disgusting and awful, I just want to hide away. After all this D and stuff, my poor tush is so sore that I can't even sit comfortably. A couple of years ago I had a really bad fissure (rectal tear) and I really hope that's not what's happening again, but it is so painful at the moment.
I am making a pot of rice and have brewed up some strong peppermint tea to try to physically feel a little better but I just feel so blaah emotionally.
I had an appt scheduled with my GI doc later in the month but they called me today to offer me an appt tomorrow instead as there was a cancellation so I will see her tommorow AM. I haven't seen her for a couple of years, and I really don't like her very much. But I do need to see her, I guess. Because of the blood in my stools and the crystals from the parasites I have to do another colonoscopy, so that'll be fun.

Anyway, sorry to go on and on but like I said, who else can I talk to about this stuff? If anybody is interested, I will update what happens tomorrow at my GI appt.

thanks for listening and being there for me!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pity Party (Some icky details) new
      #318687 - 11/14/07 09:55 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yuck. Sorry to hear this! I got really sick when I went to Mexico as well, but luckily it was only for a few days. Do you have those wet wipes they make for adults? I use those when I'm having a really bad attack and am wiping myself raw. They're supposed to clog up the toilet so I don't use them normally. I hope you feel better soon!

#318743 - 11/15/07 11:27 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Just because others are having problems doesn't make your problems any more less painful!!

It sounds like you have been having a pretty awful time lately. I think a lot more people than you imagine have accidents, I know I have! I can't move all that fast and sometimes, well, I don't make it either. I always carry and extra change of panties and pants in the car, just in case. It is a bit humiliating but it happens. You clean up and move on and hope no one noticed you changed your pants half way through the day!!! LOL!

As for the sore tushy-Monistat makes a great over the counter cream, its marketed for sensitive areas rubbing-I think they met fat thighs and such-it works well to apply to your checks when they are raw. Desitin baby diaper cream also helps.

Try to be positive about tomorrow appt, maybe she will be nice and will get you on the right path. Worry about work once you feel better. I know that's hard to do when the bills keep coming in but we all know stress is bad for tummies!!!

Hang in there honey, love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I'd like to join the pity party new
      #318747 - 11/15/07 11:40 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Bad enough you have to run to the bathroom and not make it... the sore ass is the kick in the rear that keeps on giving. Do baby wipes work for you? Or even a wet towel you can throw in the laundry. Getting the stink off will help the fire abate.. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

You've definitely picked up some Mexican Nasty Thing which will wreak havok on your already terrible but at least vaguely predictable and moderately manageable IBS.

Haven't they closed Mexico yet??

Take a deep breath and tell yourself this sh^t will pass. Also gear yourself up to abuse the lame colonoscopy tech with some good lower GI humor. Make sure to describe to them in detail the soul crushing gut stabbing good time the prep was, and how you filmed it all for Utube. Offer them a copy. Wipe your back of the gown against the wall as you slide down the hallway...

And remember the colorful, thick comfy knee socks with the message of your choice. For every invasive procedure socks are great for coming outta there feeling just a little less violated. I buy socks for gyno exams in mind. Crazy? You bet.

{{{BIG HUGS}}} to you. I'm wishing you a warm soft place you can curl up until this is all out of you. Remember to breeathe.

~nelly~

#318821 - 11/16/07 07:34 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

I've had fissures in the past where I could barely sit or they were so painful, they kept me awake at night. Here are a couple of things I have used which I found to heal them the best and give a little relief.....Wheat Germ Oil Capsules and Bone, Flesh & Cartilage Herbal Ointment. You can get both at a health foods store. I break open a capsule onto my fingers, then rub onto affected area...then rub the herbal ointment onto area as well. I will do that AM and PM....during the day, I carry the capsules with me and use only that every few hours. Don't even remember how I came across the concoction, but as you know, you'll try just about anything!!! Really helped me ...Best of luck.

Re: Pity Party new
      #318836 - 11/16/07 10:17 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I use clear desitin but my mom told me to try Lanacane.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#319421 - 11/25/07 05:31 PM
Cast_Away

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Orlando, Florida

You just secured my traveling will NOT include Mexico.

I know I am late on your post, but something to think about-
I had a very similiar situation as you, and sometimes I still do (depending on what I eat...). My colon is actually too small to normally pass poo so I had to have a new fangle type plastic surgery/ skin graph to help. I also have IBS D or just IBD since I can also swing into colitis at the drop of a germ.

I strongly recommend you get on Heather's diet ASAP. It has been the only thing to help me really get over this. I also take a fab-u-lous cocktail of Topamax and Lexapro to help with anxiety and they both have strong side affect of Constipation.

You still have to do your part. Ask what is in everything and don't eat it if you are not sure. I can tell you I will poo before I am READY if I have a drop of liquor or milk. Very embarassing...

Now if we can just make barium taste like strawberry daquris?

Virtual hugs, hang in there.

LJ

--------------------
IBS-D, with Coloitis from surgery

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4390

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review