All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Doing a Happy Dance!! new
      #318893 - 11/17/07 01:19 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh Michele,

I have not posted in forever but I have been watching your posts and praying for you.

What a blessing and relief that you finally have an answer. All I can say is IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!!

I am so happy for you but also so angry that it has taken so long. It is absolutely inexcusable that so many doctors overlooked this over and over again. I hope you let the particularly mean doctor who told you "you're just fat and depressed" that you do have a legitimate diagnosis now. The mean part of me wants to send him/her a cactus with a sign that says "Sit on it!" Sorry, I'm just feeling really feisty right now.

I will continue to watch for your posts and pray for you. I truly hope that this correct diagnosis will enable your doctors to give you proper and targeted treatments that get you back on the road to health and wholeness.

This Thanksgiving, I'd say this is one of the things I am grateful for. It does my heart good to see someone like you finally get a break!

Ok, back to my happy dance for Michele!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The answer is new
      #318904 - 11/17/07 07:00 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Oh Michele I'm so glad you finally have an answer! I wish you hadn't through all you have but hopefully you can move forward. Here is a big ((((hug))) for you!

Michele new
      #318949 - 11/17/07 04:23 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am so glad that the docs have finally found out what is wrong and that they can treat it. You have been suffering for a long time and not getting much support from the medical community.

You are such a strong person to go through all of this and still go to work every day. You are amazing!!

Lots of hugs sweetie,

--------------------
Janey

Re: Might have a diagnosis! new
      #318951 - 11/17/07 04:40 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I only wish the best for you!god bless
emmasmom
ibs-c

Re: Might have a diagnosis! new
      #319069 - 11/19/07 08:49 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

wow, well thats alot of stuff. But I'm glad to see your making headway! I really hope that they get all this stuff figured out for you! Hope you start felling better soon !It's been toooo long girl!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Re: Doing a Happy Dance!! new
      #319096 - 11/19/07 11:53 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

OMG, that is too funny " The mean part of me wants to send him/her a cactus with a sign that says "Sit on it!" Sorry, I'm just feeling really feisty right now."

Thanks for all the well wishes. Not sure yet what I will do about all the crappy dr's I saw. I am just putting all my energy into getting better again!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Thanks Ladies new
      #319099 - 11/19/07 11:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have been on the new medicine, Imuran and a steroid pack since Friday night and I feel relatively ok. Hungry as heck from the high dose of steroids but the imuran doesn't seem to be making me feel more ill or anything so good there!!

I seem to have a zillion dr's appts coming up in the next month or so but the ball is moving in the right direction and I am determined to feel better soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Here's cheerin' you on! Keep gettin' better!! n/t new
      #319143 - 11/19/07 06:53 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

That's my girl! new
      #319154 - 11/19/07 08:20 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Taking it one day at a time, right along with you.
Love and hugs always, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Thanks Ladies new
      #319162 - 11/20/07 04:54 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

So glad to hear. You're on your way, Michele. You've got doctors that are supporting you. And you have all of us. I totally understand about bad doctors and not giving you the right diagnosis. But you have the right attitude. They are not worth your time even thinking about. Put all of your energy into getting better. We're all cheering for you!! Go, Michele, Go! Keep us updated as much as you're able. We love to hear about every small step and little victory along the way. They are all worth celebrating.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 329 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32832

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review