All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: The answer is new
      #318733 - 11/15/07 10:47 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Michele!

I haven't been on here in ages, but I lurk from time to time. I am so happy that you finally have a diagnosis. I think about you a lot and I was sorry to hear about what happened recently. I am glad that some good came out of it. I am thinking about you and I hope you start to feel better soon.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:Chinagirl new
      #318735 - 11/15/07 10:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Moving with a little baby must have been exhausting! Heres hoping the little guy learns to sleep a bit longer!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: About darn time!! new
      #318736 - 11/15/07 10:49 AM
michele

Thanks Steph, it IS about darned time!!!!!! I am a little leary because I have been on some of the meds they suggest and they have a ton of side effects, like nausea, gi upset(its not like I already don't have enough of that!) and hair loss to name a few!!!

--------------------

Re: Thanks AmandaPanda!!! new
      #318737 - 11/15/07 10:51 AM
michele

It has been a long time since I have seen you around! Where have you been hiding and whats new?

Thanks for the thoughts!!! I am happy to be moving forward in the healing process.

--------------------

Re: Cassandra new
      #318738 - 11/15/07 10:54 AM
michele

Thanks for all the kind words. Yes, the scar will be my new battle scar and as you said, one that I can start winning. I feel pretty positive about it all. IF I lose my hair, well so what, I never really liked it anyway!!!

I often thought, over the past few years about all those mystery dx shows and what the procedure to get on one was!!! LOL! Lets just hope this is the ticket and that won't be necessary!

--------------------

Re: Thanks AmandaPanda!!! new
      #318739 - 11/15/07 10:57 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Everything is new with me ... Don't want to hijack your thread so I will keep it brief. I finished law school last year and passed the NY and NJ Bars, took a trip to Asia with two girls from school, came back, started work, broke up with then-BF in January ... and met someone in February. We got engaged in April and we are getting married May 2008! We are living in Brooklyn now and life is very good. I've been practicing law for a little over a year and I like it. My IBS is really under control as long as I am careful. It's bad when I'm stressed out and when I travel, but othewise OK. I talk to Ashley just about every day still, and she's doing great too.

Again, so glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Oh My new
      #318740 - 11/15/07 11:05 AM
michele

Well, congrats on everything!!!! Sounds like the last year has been very kind to you!!!! Glad to hear life is treating you very well! You really need to post a full update for everyone, thats too much good news to keep to yourself!!!!!

--------------------

Re: Avoid sunlight and it D new
      #318770 - 11/15/07 04:40 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Here's where I read that info........

http://www.mercola.com/2002/sep/14/sarcoidosis.htm

By the way, it has been written in a book of mycology (study of fungus) that sarcoidosis can have an intimate link with fungus. Didn't you at one time wonder if your illness could be attributed to mold? Interesting coincidence? I still think you should experiment with the antifungal route and see if your symptoms don't improve. Take care. I really hope you get the help you need. I'm thinking of you all the time and am always checking back here to see how you're doing.
Kim

Re: Avoid sunlight and it D new
      #318846 - 11/16/07 11:27 AM
michele

Very interesting! I am very sensitive to the light. I will print that out and take it to my next appt!

--------------------

Oh, honey!!!! Words fail me.... new
      #318884 - 11/16/07 07:21 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

At least the known is so much better than all the suffering you've endured these past few years. I know it's not a great diagnosis, but at least you can now have a proper treatment plan. Thank goodness!!!!!
As always, you're my heroine. Be strong, girl!!! You WILL get through this. Love and hugs, and always my support, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 482 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32837

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review