All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: The answer is new
      #318574 - 11/14/07 06:30 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Good! Now maybe those doctors can start taking care of you! I hope now you can start putting your life back in order!! *hugs*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Congratulations, Michele! new
      #318591 - 11/14/07 09:04 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm so happy for you. I hope you make that doctor work for you!! You should be his only patient!!

Race you to "Medical Diagnosis!"

~nelly~

Re:Chinagirl new
      #318608 - 11/14/07 10:44 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

How are things with you?

Yeah, if I heard one more time I was fat and depressed, I was going to hurt someone!!!!! The dx pretty much blows but at least I can move on and no one can tell me its all in my head!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Thanks everyone! new
      #318616 - 11/14/07 11:05 AM
michele

The dx pretty much blows but a least its an answer and I know I am not mental! I am not too happy about the scar on my neck. The sterostrip tape stuff they put on after the biopsy came off today and the incision is over an inch and pretty angry looking yet. I stopped at the drug store and picked up some scar cream. I have a lot of keloid scars and the front of the neck wouldn't be a pretty place to have another!

I see the pulmonologist Friday to go over treatments. Steroids are the first line defense and I say NO WAY, I JUST got off them after over a year and refuse to take them again! The next treatments are pretty much the same sort of thing I was going for the ra-methotrexate and imuran seem to be to the next preferred combo. Last time I did the methotrexate, over half my hair fell out, I won't make a pretty bald girl but if thats what it takes to get better, so be it!

--------------------

Re: Michele new
      #318659 - 11/14/07 05:17 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

You know, I luv ya. Despite everything you have gone through these last couple years, you hang in there. I had to smile reading your post; yeah, a scar on your neck sucks. But it means that the dr. finally found the reason you are so ill. So think of the scar as a battle wound - a battle you can start winning!! I'm just sorry that no-one figured out what you have until now.

You are an amazing person - look back - you already made it through so much that handling this treatment is going to be easy for you. Not easy physically, but mentally. You know how to react. You know how your body reacts to all the chemical cocktails you have to take. And you are strong. You have made it this far, you will survive and go on.

I can't really express in writing how happy I am that you finally have a real diagnosis. I was ready to put you on "Diagnosis Unknown" - you're the perfect candidate.

Take care of you and all the best for the upcoming appts and treatments.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#318668 - 11/14/07 06:31 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Did your doctors mention anything about avoiding sunlight and vitamin D? I read somewhere that that may help someone with your condition............

About darn time!! new
      #318670 - 11/14/07 06:51 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Michele,

Well, like the post subject says, it's about darn time! I am so so so glad that you finally have something that really sounds like the answer you have been waiting for for all this time - and thank god!
I didn't know what sarcoidosis was, so I took a look at that link and.. wow, what a bizarre thing to happen! But then like you said, it does seem to explain a lot of things. I sure hope that the treatments they get you on start helping right away and you can finally, finally start to feel better. The emotional rollercoaster you've been in has been so intense, I really hope this is the beginning of smoother sailing for you.
I also wanted to say that I really hope that through all of this you and Will have found some peace in your relationship in whatever form is best for you so that you can really focus on your health and getting the life you deserve back.

Lots of love and support as always,

Steph **hugs**

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re:Chinagirl new
      #318688 - 11/14/07 09:57 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Well, on the plus side you have a disease they're always talking about on the TV show House. That's exotic at least. :P

#318707 - 11/15/07 07:32 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I'm so glad they finally found the real problem this time! I'm sorry that you're sick, but glad they know what it is now. It's about time. Here's hoping your treatment goes well & you can get back to your life!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Re: Avoid sunlight and it D
      #318732 - 11/15/07 10:46 AM
michele

Hmmm, nope no one has mentioned it but I put it on my list of questions for the dr tomorrow!!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 68 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32954

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review