All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Making Babies
      #313038 - 08/11/07 06:59 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Next month I am finally going to start trying to get pregnant, after two years of snivelling because I've been too sick to make the attempt. Just wondering if anyone else around here is also going to be trying any time soon??

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Making Babies new
      #313044 - 08/11/07 09:06 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Jen:

I know there have been a couple of ladies posting about wanting to try soon, and Mary had her IVF embryoes (sp?) transferred just the other day, so she's in "wait and see" mode. I'm currently six months along and expecting a girl in November.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Christine new
      #313067 - 08/12/07 12:01 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Omigosh...6 months? Already? Sure goes fast when you're not the one pregnant! How are you feeling? Are we gonna get a belly pic?

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: Making Babies new
      #313078 - 08/12/07 04:14 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Nope! No more babies for me....however, if it's any consolation, I was my healthiest being pregnant. My IBS disappeared for 9 months each pregnancy so hopefully when you get preggers yours too will go away!
Good luck!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Christine new
      #313079 - 08/12/07 04:15 PM
LittleLisa

Yes, Yes,....more belly pics!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Actually... new
      #313091 - 08/12/07 09:11 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

we haven't been doing anything to PREVENT pregnancy...but since I'm still nursing and I haven't had my period yet (not since December 2005!!!), I'm not sure how likely it is. But after Mia turns 1 next month, I'm going to start actually trying, as much as I can. and have the energy to.

--------------------

Re:Ginger new
      #313095 - 08/13/07 04:49 AM
LittleLisa

Yikes! Two in diapers, two cribs?!?!??! You are very brave!!!! But as you say, while you still have the energy, why not. Horrible to say but then you have it over with if you were only planning on having two. I guess I started young enough and had both by the time I was 30. My boys are 3 1/2 years apart and I'd do that again if I were childbearing again...which I'm not

How old are you? If you don't mind me asking? I didn't recall you being very old

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#313110 - 08/13/07 10:03 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Well, I feel old! I'm 30...I'll be 31 in October. I always thought I'd start having kids sooner, but it seems my age is pretty much the norm these days. I'm the first of my close friends but I have several in hot pursuit. And a few nearing 30 who aren't even married yet! So I guess the times have changed.
We know we want at least 2, and yeah...in that case, we'd get this tough part over. But I may want 3, and I want to be done having kids by 40, so this way we have our two and maybe a few years later if we want to, I can have a 3rd and not worry about being too old. I feel like I'm still in the baby mode and I'm worried if I wait too long I'll have a harder time going back, you know?

--------------------

#313112 - 08/13/07 10:11 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Well if I can jump in here I would like to say good luck to all that are trying, going to try and are pregnant. I am 32 and I think that Ginger you are right about the age of woman having babies these days. the 29-35 range is about average. I am pretty sure we are done. I have a boy and girl both healthy and i don't want to have to do blood thinner shots again for another pregnancy. I just have to get into the right mood to go tell hubby to get fixed! It's hard because although I am 90% sure we are done there is a small part of me that doesn't want to think we couldn't have kids again if we wanted too. So that is why I am waiting at least until Ava is 1 which will be Novemeber.

Old lady new
      #313134 - 08/13/07 02:57 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Well, at 38, I guess I'm the old lady here with a 2 1/2 mo. old. My other two are almost 12 and 8 1/2. I want to be done now and count my blessings that we have another healthy baby and that we got a girl this time. And really...I don't know how we'd afford a 4th child but because this was my husband's first, he may have an itch to try for that boy to carry on the name. But then, we're talking REALLY old! Blah...

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 155 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12893

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review