All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Toddler Meltdown new
      #309887 - 06/26/07 09:39 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Ok all you moms of toddlers either now or at some time in your life can relate to me I am sure. I finally had the moment all parents dread. The toddler meltdown in front of lots of people. I took Noah to his teeball practice today and it was sooo hot outside. Well he was already cranky because of the heat but also add on to the fact we were at the lake the last two days without a nap. Soo he keeps coming over for a drink which was fine because it was hot. Well then the coach gives them a break and hands out freezer pops. Well I was trying to give Ava her sweet potatoes and Noah pushes on his and it slips up and out onto the ground. He lets out the yell that startled everyone and promptly starts screaming I want my popscicle! Well the coach gave him a new one which calmed him but he was done so while I was packing up he did it again! All hell broke lose and that child went into a tantrum that made me want to crawl in a hole and die! I tried to pick him up and carry him while pushing Ava and he fought me kicking and screaming! After trying to talk to him I realized the only thing to do was to start walking and pray that he followed me. Well he did but he was crying and screaming the whole way "I WANT MY POPSCICLE!" People from all 8 ball fields were looking our way since it sounded like I was beating him! The walk to the car was endless and he continued his rant until we were halfway home. I thought I was going to lose it! The most ironic thing is that with a toddler when the rant is over it is like they are back to their sweet angelic self! Meanwhile I am mortified, frazzled and ready to wring his neck!! LOL! Anyways just had to share because I know some of you can appreciate it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Toddler Meltdown new
      #309892 - 06/26/07 10:27 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Ah the sweet sounds of a temper tantrum. NOT! We deal with it all the time and I hate it. Z has prefected it to the point that I would prefer to stay home. She had one today when I took my oldest to her swimming lessons. Z wanted to swim so badly but she couldn't. They have to be 5. I wasn't planning on staying but the other parents did and it was nice to see M swim since she is so good. I ended up taking her out of the pool area and let her have her tantrum in the hallway until she calmed down. Thank God we had the earliest swim lessons and not many people were there. She did fine after that.

You doing good. Don't worry what other think. Most have btdt and understand and those that don't, aren't worth worrying about.

Btw, Ava is beautiful .

#309895 - 06/26/07 10:53 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh jeez. That sounds like something to look forward to. Glad you survived.

#309898 - 06/26/07 11:07 AM
Angela E.

Heidi-
Yeah the looks I was getting were kind of sympathetic and that they could feel my embarrassement! I tell you I think we are going to housebound for sure today! Although I just talked to hubby and told him that I needed a break tonight for a couple of hours. So I am going to go shopping for his assistant because she just had a new baby. I would rather do that then do baths and bedtime tonight. I had the kids all to myself the last two days at the lake. Plus we spent the night at a hotel for the first time! That was a treat! My parents were in the next room but I was up with Ava until 11:45pm because she didn't want to sleep in the pack n play! So I am ready for a little break!

I bet your little guy is getting big! You'll have to send some new pics my way!

#309899 - 06/26/07 11:10 AM
Angela E.

Oh yes! I am sure you will join the club some day! Even the most "perfect" child has a few meltdowns here and there! Although I have a friend who says otherwise about hers! Hah! She has got to be lying. I remember thinking before I had kids sometimes about people not being able to control their kids. Oh it has nothing to do about your control it is all the toddlers!!

#309903 - 06/26/07 11:39 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I don't have kids and I sure sympathize with you!! I don't need kids however, I've got immature staff!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#309906 - 06/26/07 12:20 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Ahh yes the melt down my daughter is 2 and has them when we go to the park or if she wants another phone or ball at the store. I had to pack her kicking and screaming a few times. About a month ago me and her and my husband went garge saleing and she just must of been just not wanting to do it that day cause all day long she was like that and my husband was just frazzled and besides himself! He says I have never seen her like this I said oh welcome to my world. The next day she was just fine my husband is still talking about it.. thought I would share.
emmamom
ibs-c

Re: Toddler Meltdown
      #309907 - 06/26/07 12:40 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

You know my oldest didn't really have those types of tantrums and my 2nd wasn't too bad. I remember expecting it but never having them. My oldest would tend to cry. She still does that. Z on the other hand is all about them. Do I blame her? No way. She had a little brother come along that seems to be taking everything away from her, including her crib. She just told me she wants her crib back lol.

My kids never slept in a pack n play when we went away. I gave up. It's one more thing to drag around that doesn't get used. I tell you, vacations with little kids is so exhausting.

#309921 - 06/26/07 03:48 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I SOOOOOOOOOOO don't miss those moments! Hang in there. It gets a little better. Instead of tantrums it's their "mouth" that gets them in trouble. They usually do it under their breath (which won't embarrass you at least)or they act like it's the end of the world if you tell them they can't do something they want to do. Fortunately this only happens in the house. Rarely do I hear their "mouths" in public(which is a good thing!)

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Mouths new
      #309936 - 06/26/07 05:43 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Amen, sista! The toddler days were hard and it'll be hard again when I get to it but lemme tell ya, the preteens are rough!

Just relax as much as you can during those fits. And know that almost every parent is feeling sympathy for you. The only ones that are doing the judging are the ones without kids...and most of them some day will remember that when they have a toddler that is uncontrollable.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 417 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2376

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review