All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Barium Enema ( ANY NON-HORROR STORIES)
      #302785 - 03/21/07 07:31 PM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

I am lucky enough to have a barium enema scheduled next week and so I decided to do a search of the boards and see what comes up. I was hoping for some helpful information to ease my mind and that didn't happen....all I could find were horror stories and discussion of how uncomfortable and in some cases emabarassing it was. Does anyone out their have some helpful advice??? I know this is an unpleasant test but there has to be somethings I can do to be prepared for it....any help is greatly appreciated.

shannon

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Barium Enema ( ANY NON-HORROR STORIES) new
      #302792 - 03/22/07 05:04 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Well, it's been a long time, but I remember it being uncomfortable, but not unbearable. It was just something else that had to be done during my diagnosis 15 years ago.

Good luck!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

no horror story here.. new
      #302793 - 03/22/07 05:27 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

well other then hospital overscheduling delaying it forever and some blood sugar issues... but that wasn't the test itself..

it wasn't comfy, but it isn't too bad.. the biggest thing anyone told me and it worked- go see a therapeutic masseuse afterwards and tell them what was done, they will massage your tummy... it will help get the gook out faster.. and I had other issues, but I think that was more the sigmoioscopy I had done BEFORE the BE- talk about discomfort and it backfilled me with gas that took a few days to fully release...

The only other thing I remember (this was like 5 years ago) was that I got a bit dizzy when they kept tipping and tilting the table I was laying on... making the barium coat the right spots.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Barium Enema ( ANY NON-HORROR STORIES) new
      #302822 - 03/22/07 10:43 AM
Cyberwolf

Reged: 03/18/07
Loc: North Wales, PA USA

My BE was over 30 years ago, but what I remember of it, it was very uncomfortable. You think you are going to burst.

--------------------
Jim
From the Wolf comes the strength of the Pack.
From the Pack comes the strength of the Wolf.
-R. Kipling

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 153 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2742

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review