All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
One more thing..... new
      #299742 - 02/13/07 04:12 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Try sleeping on your side with a regular bed pillow between your legs (at the knees). This was another suggestion from my physical therapist. It does help support your back, although I'd find myself moving during the night and "losing" the pillow.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jules new
      #299743 - 02/13/07 04:23 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Yep, extra strength is ok. It's ibuprofen that you're supposed to avoid during pregnancy.

I hope the pain clears up for you soon! I'm starting to feel a twinge of it again. I think the baby must've gained weight overnight. I can't wait for this to be over!! Less than two weeks!

--------------------
~jules

lost pillow new
      #299744 - 02/13/07 04:26 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

That's the funny thing. I don't lose the pillow per se but it sure does take some extra energy when you have to switch to the other side! I've been using my big pillow for about a week. Last night I slept okay because I slept kinda sitting up. I just propped up a bunch of pillows behind me and made sure not to slouch too much. Wasn't as comfortable as normal sleep but better than waking every hour on the hour!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#299745 - 02/13/07 04:31 PM
Flipada

How exciting. I can't believe how big I am and how far I still have to go. I gained quite a bit of weight with the first two (48 and 52 lbs) but I was in a different situation (unhappy) and had a totally different diet. I was so ready to have a different experience this time around. But at 24 weeks I've already gained 23 lbs! With 4 months to go I'm afraid I'm going down the same road. No wonder my back hurts!!

How are YOU feeling?

--------------------
**Lauren**

#299778 - 02/14/07 06:35 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

It's amazing to me that being pregnant feels like it takes SOOOOOO long, but looking back it was a mere 'blink' in my life.

To be honest, I'm feeling pretty crappy. My tummy was a mess during the entire pregnancy; same during my first pg. Now, she's dropped a bit and I have some more room, so I'm starting to feel better IBS-wise. But I've been contracting for weeks now and just am ready to be over and done with it.

I'm currently dialated to 4-5 cms, 70 percent effaced...My doc said that if I don't go into labor by my 39th week (week of Feb. 26), then she'll admit me into the hospital and break my water. I was induced with my first and had a great labor, so she thinks that this will be an easy go-round as well.

Besides the sciatica, are you feeling ok?

--------------------
~jules

#299848 - 02/14/07 05:26 PM
Flipada

Besides the back aches, I'm doing okay. I'm feeling more like 8 months though (from what I remember). I had two really long and hard labors so I'm hoping they'll induce me a week early so maybe this baby will be a little smaller...and easier to "pass".

I'm excited for you. Keep me up to date on your progress!!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2463

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review