All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Hi everyone! new
      #295707 - 01/09/07 08:08 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I haven't had much time to post lately. THings are still pretty crazy here. I ended up in the ER on New Year's weekend. I woke up covered in blood and it was gushing out of me. After 6 hours there my doc confirmed that I was having a period and along with the rest of the pregnancy blood it all just gushed out. Plus being on blood thinners made it worse. I am now off of the thinners and waiting for the bleeding to stop. It has been 6 weeks now!!! Ava will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and things are ok. She is very fussy with reflux and now gassy. She is only comforted by me and that is hard. Not getting a lot of great sleep. We go to the doc's tomorrow to get Noah's 3 year checkup and I have a lot of questions for her as well. I orderd that DVD The Happiest Baby on the Block with hopes I can learn some soothing techniques that might work. She hates the pacifier and only wants the breast!! I need to upload some new pics but I don't have the time right now but just wanted to pop in and say hi. I miss everyone. Hope you are all doing well.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi everyone! new
      #295712 - 01/09/07 08:24 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OH sweetie...what a way to start the new year....

I'll have to find the brand of pacifier that was the ONLY one that my cousin would use....they are really "nipple like" close to the real thing.

Big hugs to you all....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#295720 - 01/09/07 09:05 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry your start to the new year wasn't so good. That must have been scary. I hope Ava settles down soon so mommy can get some sleep!! Love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#295749 - 01/09/07 12:25 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Hi Angela!!
All that blood must have been scary. I stopped bleeding the day before my 6 week checkup, although it had almost stopped by then. No period yet, thank goodness.
Your little Ava seems to be going through what my Mia did. I kept telling the doctor...she spits up too much! And has gas all the time! But it DID get better, and she still spits up a little when she eats, but it doesn't bother her (she wears bibs!), and gas is much better too. In fact, her fussiness peaked around 6 weeks, and by 8 weeks was MUCH improved, and now it's rare for her to fuss for long. We were lucky that the pacifier worked well for her, but she also learned to suck her thumb around 10 weeks, so maybe Ava will learn that too. I'm convinced that it's why Mia learned to sleep all night long...because she can comfort herself back to sleep.

Today was my first day back at work, and it's been hard. I got up at 5 and Mia wouldn't go to sleep so I only got about 3 hours of sleep. Plus being away just stinks! But I'll only be apart from her Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I work from home Thursdays and have Mon and Fri off. And she's being cared for at our home by my brother's girlfriend, who is part of our family (wish my brother would ask her already!!), and loves Mia to death. So I am pretty lucky. But I can't wait to see her!!

Well, good luck with everything, I can't believe Mia is 4 months already, she is SO chubby. I'll have to post some new pics. And yeah, post some more of Ava!

--------------------

Re; Been there, done that. new
      #295755 - 01/09/07 01:02 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Have you tried drinking peppermint tea or fennel? That way a little of it ends up in the breast milk. I used to do that with my babies - they were really gassy as well.
Hugs, you WILL sleep again - just remember that. The colicky phase really only lasts a few weeks (though it feels like eternity), and she should be doing better really soon. Take care!
Hugs, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#295760 - 01/09/07 01:21 PM
crochetcat

Reged: 01/09/07

Hi! My name is Laurie, from North Carolina. I am new to this site, and am still trying to figure out how to chat, login, etc. Sorry to hear about New Years.... Been there too. Any advice how to use the message boards would be helpful! Thanks

good luck! sounds like things are crazy.. new
      #295852 - 01/10/07 05:07 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

can't wait to see more pics, but dont' feel rushed either- do whats best for you and the kids.. good luck and I hope it all works out..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#295942 - 01/10/07 02:48 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Thanks everyone! We went to the doc's today and they upped her medicine for the reflux and when I start using formula which will be soon I am going to try the lactose free kind. Shell if you find out what pacifier it was I would be grateful to know. I have about 3 different ones and she won't take any!!!!!

The doc thinks her gassiness is from what I am eating. Cripe I don't eat much as it is!! It could be soy or maybe spices but if I give that up I am doomed to shrink away even more!! I am already to my pre-pregnancy weight. So that is why I will start supplementing with formula soon and plus I will be going back to work. Oh well. I hope some of these things work.

Re: Hi everyone!
      #296210 - 01/11/07 08:17 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You've got mail

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#296230 - 01/12/07 06:26 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I know I emailed you before but I wanted to let you know I'm taking Jaxon in today because I believe he has reflux. I'm so nervous that his dr will give me a hard time despite all the issues. I have been reading up on it and since the medication is so sensitive to their weight, it needs to be adjusted frequently. I also am finding soy seems to upset him more. Geez, what the heck are we suppose to eat? I was also told that you shouldn't use the dha/ara formulas because they have ingredients that upset reflux babies. Just thought I would pass on some information.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 224 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2282

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review