All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!
      #289070 - 11/05/06 12:53 PM
Elizabeth B

Reged: 11/05/06

I've been suffering from IBS for years. I had thought I got things under control but apparantly not. In August I had my gallbladder removed after almost a year of horrible chest and stomach attacks unlike my IBS attacks. After my gallbladder surgery, I began to bloat up horribly when I ate anything- I realized later that I had experienced less severe bloating all of the past year when my gallbadder was on the fritz, although it wasn't until that terrifying attack in August that anybody recognized that it was my gallbladder that was causing such pain. Along with the increase in bloating came this pressure-like pain whenever I ate anything. And it that wasn't enough, it seemed as if I couldn't move my bowels without aid from laxitives-I experimented and found that only the vegtable laxitives would work. Of course I then proceeded to have a few over-stimulated tummy attacks, but at least I was moving my bowels, and between that and eating very little food throughout the day I kept the pain down (wish I could say the same for the bloating.) My GI doc has, for the past couple of months, been trying to figure out what's wrong...to no prevail. He can't seem to find anything phyically wrong except my symptoms. Last Wednesday I took a Barium swallow test- I was there from 9:00 am to 3:30 that afternoon and still hadn't digested it all. Ok, so I guess that was one thing the doc found out of the ordinary. I took more vegtable laxitives that night to try and get it out of my system, and even though I passed it early the next morning, I became very sick- not from the stimulants, at least I don't think so. I am still sooo sick, everything I have to eat or drink causes a very sharp pain in my stomach with underlying pressure pain accompanied by nausea, and I still recieve horrible bloating. My mother, through a friend, went to the local health food store and came back with fennel tea, Acacia powder, Activia yogurt, Smooth food capsules, and Biok 1 Plus shakes. The lady at the store was also kind enough to give my mon the Eating For IBS book and this website address. I have been eating everything the book suggests for this kind of situation-when I eat at all- and continue to take everything suggested, drinking only fennel tea and water with my Acaia Powder. But other then relieving some of th sharp pain I get with eating and drinking and now, without, the supplements and tea aren't doing a thing. In fact, the yogurt seems to fall in the things that make it worse catagory. It's been 3 days and I thought by now I'd begin to see some positive effects, and I can't sleep due to all the pain, so I'm exhausted, hungry, distressed, and in pain. So please, if anyone has any suggestions, I am more than open to them.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! new
      #289143 - 11/06/06 12:39 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Stick with it! This plan does work but it can take some time to stablise properly or to become completely pain free. Stick with it and you WILL see the effects. We've all been there with the lack of hope, it took nearly a month for me to be stable, and three months before I would consider any cheating from the plan at all. I posted despondent posts too but I stuck with it and have been stable for almost two years now.

I know it's hard but hang in there.

--------------------
S.

Cailin new
      #289144 - 11/06/06 12:43 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Did you need to take any supplements to become stable?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 379 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 743

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review