Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ginger -- how are you and Mia doing? -nt-
      #288894 - 11/03/06 07:24 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Great! (pictures included) new
      #288980 - 11/04/06 07:01 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I won't lie---the first 6 weeks were the hardest, most challenging thing of my life. But this past week, everything just suddenly clicked! I'm getting a BIT more sleep, still tired. But I'm loving my time with her. She smiles a little bit now, and is awake more during the day. Breastfeeding is WAY easier (and so convenient, when we're out and about), and I'm just really happy about everything, and I cannot stop buying cute clothes for her!! She has got so many great outfits to wear!
When I first came home with her, I thought I'd want to wait at least 3-4 years before having another baby, and that I'd only want two MAX (I used to want at least 3 kids). But now, I'm thinking maybe of waiting 2 years, and that the idea of 3 kids is again appealing. Everyone told me "it gets easier", and it really does!

Thanks for asking!

--------------------

She's adorable! -nt- new
      #288985 - 11/04/06 08:16 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Great! (pictures included) new
      #288990 - 11/04/06 09:09 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

She's a living doll! What a beauty. I'm glad to hear things are getting easier and more convenient for you. That first 6 weeks is tough. So happy for you.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#288997 - 11/04/06 11:38 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

She is so cute Ginger!! I need to remember that about the first 6 weeks. It will be tough again I know. But I am so excited and can't wait!!! I have been actually doing stuff today in the her room to get it ready and I am actually going to pack my bag for the hospital (just in case). That way I know I won't be caught off guard. I am really hoping breastfeeding is easier this time for me. I really want it to work. Again Mia is beautiful!! Too bad we didn't live closer, we could do a playdate with our girls!!!

#289023 - 11/04/06 06:40 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh she's just precious! I bet you are having fun buying all those great girl clothes! My hope is that my sons some day have girls for me to do that with but that won't be for a LONGGGGGGGGGG time!

One suggestion I have with having the second is to enjoy the first! I know everyone has opinions on having another right away so they can get it over with within the first couple years but truely I found waiting 3 1/2 years in between was just right! Only one in diapers & one in a crib was really nice. Also, I got to enjoy the first one being all by himself for 3 years. If you have them too close the first one always gets put on the back burner for a few years. I know you can't imagine doing that but it can happen. The first one seems so old when you have the second one too. I know I had to remember, geez, he's only 3 but he was such a big help to me that I started treating him like he was 5 or 6.

I'm glad you changed your mind though about having more. I just couldn't have stopped at 1. I wanted my first to have a sibling. Now talk to me about 3 NO WAY! The infant stage does get better and it it's much easier when you have one but when the second one comes, look out! It does get busy. However, what in life stays the same anyway. There will be quiet times and busy times in your life. Each is a learning experience. Enjoy Mia now! They grow SOOOOO fast!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#289076 - 11/05/06 01:42 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Ohhh, she is so adorable! Love the Halloween outfit!

So when do you go back to work? Are you still going to breastfeed even after that? I'd like to breastfeed once we have kids but I don't know if I want to do the breast pump thing while I'm at work ...

You sound good! I'm so glad things are going well.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

2 more months.... new
      #289086 - 11/05/06 08:20 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I start back working the second week in January...and since I'm only going to the office twice a week from now on, and working one day at home, I plan to continue breastfeeding. I'll only have to pump at work two days a week--which I can handle. It's a government building so there are facilities available. I already pump once a day now to store some in the freezer and for when I miss a feeding, so I'm used to it.

--------------------

Re: Ginger -- how are you and Mia doing? -nt- new
      #289120 - 11/06/06 10:07 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Those pictures are the cutest! She is a doll! Congratulations on such a precious little girl.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Re: What a little cutie pie!!!
      #289130 - 11/06/06 11:23 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Glad to hear things are getting a little easier!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 195 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2411

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review