Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Hello everyone!
      #287368 - 10/21/06 02:47 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone

I can't believe it's been nearly two months since I posted here, I've missed so much and have been trying to catch up, I haven't even had a chance to lurk!

I have caught up on some posts so

Angela- you look fab!

Ginger- Mia is absolutely beautiful. Love the name too

Blondie- congrats on the new job, I saw your new hair on your blog, it's fab

Jenny- I love the nursery, very cool

Flipada- congrats on the pregnancy

Casey- sorry to hear that your Dad isn't well

Cookie- things are all change for you, sounds great!

Jules- I love the name Grace and I think Grace Thomas works really well

Ashley- glad to hear that MD is working out so well for you
Everyone else- I just haven't had a chance to read your news yet but love and hugs to all.

Alicia- glad to hear you are stable and meds working

Panda- in case you still lurk- byeee sorry to see you go, I'll gmail you to say this too

Shell, nelly, melitami, Brittany, Jo, Michele, Sarala etc etc etc I just haven't found the thread with your news in it yet but hellooo!!

Here's my update in brief:

-We got the keys to our new house on September 27th so have been busy busy trying to decorate, floor and furnish it. P took two weeks off work to do the bulk of the work and we are moving in properly this weekend. The delay was because the showers weren't connected until after the tiling had been done.

- we bought our couch and dining set today, (very very very exciting, we had a nightmare finding a couch that we both liked)

-We had our first wedding anniversary (can you believe how quickly that year flew?) on September 30th, we went out for a nice meal to celebrate.

- Work is going fine, I have really settled in now and feel a lot more like I know what is going on. The type of work that I am doing is completely different than my old job so it was a steep learning curve!

-I changed my name! When my new boss was putting me on the headed paper I decided to use my husband's name- and I have spent some time getting used to it, but it's nice to be referred to as Mr & Mrs F!

- next weekend is a bank holiday here and we are going away as we have been together ten years on 30th(!) We are going to Clonakilty in West Cork, a beautiful part of the country with fabulous scenery etc. I went there for my hen weekend and adored the spa there (http://www.inchydoneyisland.com/) so I was given vouchers for my birthday and I am going to use them on Saturday afternoon, I've booked in for a facial, seaweed bath and massage, can't wait.

-My IBS is so calm now it's wonderful. The only thing that kills me that I like to eat is icecream (but I can have small doses and just get wind but no cramps) and alcohol. I can sneak a slice of cheese in a sandwich or a little ham or bacon fine, I even managed a burger lately without any ill effects. It took me so long to get to this place!

Send me your updates and I will check in to say hello.

hugs,

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello everyone! new
      #287371 - 10/21/06 03:03 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Happy anniversary. I'm so glad to hear that your IBS is going so well. How nice for you. You sound very happy.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Oh you sound FABU! new
      #287376 - 10/21/06 04:16 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Yes, I'm doing great as well.

That spa sounds fantastic, the house sounds great and you just sound awesome! Happy anny soon. Wow.

And yeah, my IBS has hardly bothered me in the last six months. Remember when we used to think we'd never be free?LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Oh you sound FABU! new
      #287426 - 10/22/06 03:24 AM
cailin

Thanks, I read my post again and realised that it is really positive and happy sounding. Yay!

The last three months have been so stressful with living out of suitcases back with my parents and family, living away from P, trying to close the purchase of the house, choose floor coverings, organise deliveries etc and all the while trying to work at the same time. I didn't have a minute to post here and my tummy acted up every morning due to the stress, cramps every single morning for about three weeks.

But now that things are calming down and I am feeling happy everything is great. Or will be when we get our flooring sorted for the hall, dining room and sunroom, and get a kitchen table

Hurray for getting through rough patches! Anyone who is in one at the moment should remember that they will come through. I have had that spa voucher to lok forward to since May and I have to say that it really kept me focussed on getting through the other messy stuff at the time. It's great to have something to look forward to when you're stressed.

back on track....:)

--------------------
S.

#287469 - 10/22/06 12:54 PM

Unregistered

Yay Sinead! I was wondering about you the other day. Everything is going well with me even though I haven't been around here to do much posting - but I just moved to Washington DC 3 weeks ago and start my 3rd week at my new job tomorrow. I'm really enjoying it and I'll get around to posting pics of the new place and everything sometime this week.

How exciting all your news is! I'm happy that everything is going so well with you. Good luck with moving into the new place and I can't wait until you start posting pictures - are Natalie and I going to have to give you paint advice again?? Are you getting used to the new name yet?? I can't believe that it has already been a year for you guys! That really flew by. When are the kids going to start coming??

Well don't be such a stranger - and have a great trip next weekend!! And good to hear that your IBS is doing so well.

#287486 - 10/22/06 05:28 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Thank you Sinead! Congrats on the 1 year anniversary. Can't believe it's been that long. It's good to hear from you and know that life is treating you well as well as your IBS being stable! Keep in touch and look for future pics of my baby girl!!

#287513 - 10/23/06 07:06 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, that all sounds great! Happy aniversary and congrats on the house! Things will calm down very soon but I'm so happy to hear its all going well!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#287619 - 10/23/06 04:50 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey Sinead! I'm happy to see you around here, and I'm happy that things are going well for you.

Happy Anniversary.. I certainly cannot believe how fast this year flew by. I feel like you just got married only a few months ago.

I can't wait to see some pictures of the new place! Keep in touch.

--------------------

#289095 - 11/06/06 03:37 AM
cailin

Hi Brittany

Congrats on the move and new job. Glad you are enjoying it. What's DC like to live in? I loved it to visit.

The painting is all done- pale green in the hall, latte in the sitting room and bedroom, blue in the kitchen and we left everywhere else magnolia. Have been testing my interior design skills to the max!

The new name has stuck on me so much that I didn't answer to my old name in the beautician's lately! I have only changed it about six weeks so it's crazy how quick I got used to it.

Will try to catch up more often I promise. No Broadband in the house yet and work is soo busy I don't get a chance to post.Keep well!

--------------------
S.

Hi Ashley! new
      #289096 - 11/06/06 03:38 AM
cailin

Thanks for replying, good to hear from you. Yes the year really flew, time is just slipping by! I can't even believe that it's four months next week since I left my old job!

Pictures of the new place will follow in time- it's still very much a work in progress!

talk soon

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 132 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4162

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review