Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: VERY SERIOUS WARNING TO WOMEN ! new
      #283745 - 09/24/06 01:42 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

OMG Bev!!

I am so happy to hear you are alright - but OMG what a scare!! That is unbelievable! I know that women have different symptoms than men for heart attacks, but hearing it first hand just wows me!

Take good care of yourself!

HUGS!!
Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#283755 - 09/24/06 03:24 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Oh my God!!! I'm so sorry this happened to you Bev, and so happy the doc twigged what it was straight away and put you in the best hands.

Yikes, very scary. I'm lucky in that no-one I can recall in my family has ever had a heart attack, BUT, nearly everybody, including myself, has a heart problem or 'pecularity'. Scary stuff, and I'm very grateful for the warning of what it felt like.

Hope you're taking it easy, and recovering well. Best wishes, and big hugs xx

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#283806 - 09/25/06 07:03 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ahh, Bevrs, I'm so glad you're ok. That must've been very scary!

Thanks for the info on women's heart attack symptoms. You're right, most women wouldn't realize they were having a heart attack because it's not like that "grab your chest and fall over" thing like they show on tv!

My father-in-law passed away recently---very suddenly---from a massive stroke. Unfortunately, he ignored warning signs, even though his brother had had a stroke at age 58. You better believe this was a wake-up call to my husband. He came home from the funeral and made an appointment for a thorough checkup with a doctor.

You just can't take your health for granted! And if it's in your genes, it's in your genes!

I'm so glad you're still here with us. Thank God you got to the doctor in time and that he was smart enough to recognize that it was a serious problem.

#283807 - 09/25/06 07:33 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

OMG, how scary!! I'm so glad you re ok. I can't imagine what you went though and how frightening it must have been. We all miss you here and you know we will all be pulling for your full recovery! Love and hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#283814 - 09/25/06 08:28 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Wow! I'm so glad your doctor was smart enough to recognize the symptoms and get you to a hospital fast. I've heard of a lot of women who don't get diagnosed correctly or their symptoms aren't taken seriously.

I hope you get better quickly. Big hugs!

#283861 - 09/25/06 01:30 PM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

Thanks for the warning and sharing your experience. And what a terrific doctor you have! Many docs would not act so promptly and thoroughly.

#283889 - 09/25/06 04:13 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I hope your feeling so much better i am new to the board and i have seen your smiling face alot on some recipies i have found. Keep smiling and take care sheila . God bless

#353082 - 12/08/09 03:04 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Bevvy, I think you did a great service in posting your experience and warning others. Thank you for having done so. Perhaps your post would do well to be 'bumped' up for newer members to read, and long-term members to be reminded of this. So I'm making comments to keep this post 'alive'!

I would like to make two additional comments:

1) Sometimes there is severe pain from an impending heart attack in the left arm and/or jaw, and one feels nothing unusual in the chest. Some heart attacks manifest radiated pain into the jaw and down the arm.

2) Bayer aspirin just came out with a new product that will disolve under the tongue when a heart attack is suspect, take two of these. By disolving this under the tongue the aspirin immediately enters the blood stream and does not have to go through the digestive tract to be of any benefit.

It is suggested that everyone keep a bottle of these in their bedside stand drawer, as some people cannot even make it to their medicine cabinets when this happens during the night (frequently the case).

Aspirin has saved many people from death during a heart attack if they take 2 aspirins the moment they notice any unusual sypmtoms, and call 911 immediately. Yes, you can have someone drive you to the hospital, though the paramedics can get to you faster and exceed all speed limits getting a patient to the hospital. They also have the equipment in their vans to sustain you until you get to the hosppital. When you make that 911 call, make sure the dispatcher know that you have just taken two aspirins. They will be pleased to hear that, knowing you aren't going to 'stroke out' before emergency help can reach you.

I also read recently in one of the medical reports about surviving a heart attack is that it is best to sit up or stand up while waiting for the paramedics. Lying down is the worse thing that a person can do if a heart attack is suspect.

I'm so happy to hear that you did so very well. God was obviously with you!

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 99 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7431

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review