Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Thoughts for a friend
      #280084 - 08/27/06 03:48 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,

I have just had news that Casey (atomic rose) is going through some difficult times at the moment.
If you could please add her to your prayers and thoughts that she will be able to face these difficulties with the strength we all know she has.
She is a wonderful and valuable friend to all of us here, let's give her all the support we can.

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aww! Thanks, Stephie! - more about it new
      #280086 - 08/27/06 04:01 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I just happened to drop by to do a little lurking, and this is the first thing I saw. Thanks!

I might as well say what the difficulty is - I had been thinking about posting about it, but since I kinda "left", I wasn't sure if it would be welcome or not.

My dad, with whom I'm very close (such a daddy's girl I am!), has cancer of stomach and liver. He's so young - only 53. We'll know more after a couple doctor's appointments this week, but so far, it seems like it's going to be operable and treatable. He's in good spirits and optimistic. That isn't stopping ME from panicking and worrying, though, of course.

I'm driving down to NJ tomorrow to stay with him for a while... no idea when I'll be back. I might be down there for as long as a month, depending on how his treatment goes and how quickly they start. I don't really want to think about being away from Adam that long, so I'm trying to just relax and go with the flow of things and have faith that everything will work out.

That's the scoop. Telling ya, if it's not one thing, it's another.

Thanks again, Steph - you're a sweetheart! *hugs* And thanks to anyone else who sends good thoughts for the trip, since I probably won't get online again to check until I'm already down there.

Big HUGS to AR! new
      #280088 - 08/27/06 04:05 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm so sorry, Atomic. My mother went through a bout with breast cancer last year and it tore me up. I really feel for you and your dad. If you need to talk, I'm here.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you and yours.

~nelly~

*HUGS* new
      #280090 - 08/27/06 04:08 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

You and your family are in my thoughts, Casey. I don't know what part of NJ your family is in, but I'm now in central NJ (near Trenton), so if you need anything, pop me an email and let me know.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Was just coming back to edit the post, and there you are! new
      #280091 - 08/27/06 04:11 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Casey,

**huge hugs** Was just going to edit the original post to let everyone know that I'd heard from Tina and that you had an ill relative, but didn't have any more information - I'm really glad you thought to come here and let everyone know so they can keep you *and* your Dad in their thoughts.
I hope you know that, to me anyway and I'm sure a load of other people, you will never be unwelcome here and that we will really, really miss you on the boards.
I have to admit that I never said anything when you left 'cause I kinda figured you'd be back 'cause so many people "leave" and then come back. I feel right cr@ppy about that now, maybe it was just wishful thinking that you weren't really leaving.
Anyway, you and your family are certainly in my thoughts and I hope the trip down there isn't hard on you. My mom went through breast cancer almost exactly one year ago, so if you ever want to talk you know my eMail. And, for the record, she has come through it just fine and returned to work this week.

**huge hugs**
Love, Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Thoughts for a friend new
      #280093 - 08/27/06 04:19 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Casey,
I'll definitely be thinking about you, your dad and the rest of your family. Sending big hugs your way.
Lauren

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

I'm so sorry to hear this, Casey. (m) new
      #280094 - 08/27/06 04:20 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You and your dad will be in my thoughts. And I absolutely second melitami - I'm in New Jersey, too, and if there's anything I can do, just let me know. My schedule is super-flexible and my email is in my profile.

Please take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

More Hugs! new
      #280104 - 08/27/06 05:40 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'll be thinking about you and your dad this week Casey.
I'll pray for the best at his upcoming appointments.

p.s. I miss my name "twin" around here!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Aww! Thanks, Stephie! - more about it new
      #280108 - 08/27/06 07:12 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Casey,

I know everyone around here thinks the world of you, myself included. I'm so sorry to hear about the bad news. Cancer is very emotionally trying, so my advice to you would be to still make some time for yourself or to just get away from the situation every now and then. You will be of more use to your dad if you have a chance to emotionally recharge.

The good news is that advancements in cancer research and therapies are being made all the time. That the cancer is treatable is great news. I will definitely keep you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Casey new
      #280119 - 08/28/06 04:29 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this with your Dad. I will keep you in my prayers that you have a safe drive down and that your Dad has a full recovery.

Love,

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 202 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4032

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review