Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
As promised - Before and After Pics of our Apartment
      #279666 - 08/23/06 02:39 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

So here are some of the before and afters of our apartment. It is sort of hard to see the drastic changes in the pictures because a lot of the major "before" issues don't translate onto film that well. Like, all the walls look white but they were actually bright blue with *one coat* of white paint over top that was thinner in some areas so some looked very blue, some looked white.
So here are some of the before shots:

Now, here is what we did:
-Painted every single ceiling in the place as they had all turned yellow and it smelled of cigarettes.
-Painted every wall in the place (beige-y cream and brown in the living room, a sort of beige in the bedrooms and one of the bathrooms and that sort of smokey pink/brown in the kitchen).
-Steam cleaned the carpets and put some rugs down
-Put up curtain rails and curtains
-Rearranged kitchen appliaces
-Brought in our furniture (as well as what we purchased (computer desk, shelves, bed, etc).
And voila.. the After Pics..

So I hope those are pretty self-explanatory.. I am going to preview it now and see if it worked, and if not I'll be back to fix it!

Enjoy!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: As promised - Before and After Pics of our Apartment new
      #279671 - 08/23/06 02:49 PM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Wow, you have been working your butt off! It looks awesome! I'm sure the photos aren't showing some of the flaws, but it looks like a really nice place. Why would they want to tear it down?

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Building Problems new
      #279673 - 08/23/06 02:52 PM
Stephie

Hey Snowy,

Thanks, we really have been working all the time to make it look nice!
Well, apparently the actual building structure has a lot of problems that wouldn't pass a mechanical inspection according to the guys who are currently in the commercial property below us.
He said there are leaks and stuff, but we haven't experienced this yet as it hasn't been rainy -- I'm sure we'll find out soon enough though, as Vancouver isn't exactly known for being dry.

We'll see how it goes!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#279675 - 08/23/06 03:38 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Holy buckets you two!! That looks GREAT!!! And a lot of HARD work.... no need for the gym during that time!! But I did see your eliptical

So, If and when we ever buy a place..... I'm sub-contracting you two to come do the work!! hehehe

Love ya & miss ya bunches!!

FYI I think Jennifer Rose and her man will be in Seattle for the Oct Support Group meeting and I'm also gonna plan another Social Dinner Gathering for that same weekend..... (tenative the weekend of Oct 21st) mark your calendar!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#279680 - 08/23/06 04:23 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Pretty awesomme job on the apartment. I hope you are able to settle in ok and take advantage of all that hard work you did.

It sure looks great

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Re: Wow! new
      #279691 - 08/23/06 06:24 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

It looks fabulous Stephie! You guys did a great job on the colors and decorating. You really worked hard on it. It's
just so fun to remodel isn't it? Especially when you can take the credit for it.
Lots of luck with your new apartment!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

That's my birfday! new
      #279698 - 08/23/06 06:45 PM
Stephie

Hey Shell!

Thanks! We did put a lot of hard work in, so I am so glad that it looks nice now and I reeeeeeally hope we can stay here for a while.
If you could afford the gas it would cost us to get there and back for decorating, I'll be there! I know I sure can't at the moment, jeez louise!

October in Seattle sounds good, I'll have to check my schedule for then. I know I am working a shift where I have Sunday and Monday off so if I can get someone to cover my Saturday, we could come for a few days. October 22nd in my birthday! So maybe Adrian could take me to that awesome steak restaurant we went to when we were there before! Keep me updated, and I'll try to "pencil it in".

Miss you too! **hugs**
Love, Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Aw, thanks very much! I hope so too! -nt- new
      #279699 - 08/23/06 06:45 PM
Stephie

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Wow! new
      #279700 - 08/23/06 06:48 PM
Stephie

Hey Lisa,

Thanks so much! We stayed pretty safe as far as colours go - I would have liked a liiiiitlle more colour (Like, I was thinking a nice green colour in the bedroom) but Adrian is extremely bland when it comes to colour choosing, hee hee.
I am really pleased with the way it came out, though, it's amazing how much *cleaner* a place feels with new paint!
It was fun to remodel, but a lot of work. Prior to this, Adrian and I had discussed investing in flipping houses down the road but after seeing how much work one apartment with only minor structural changes, I think I might take a pass - too much work!!

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Flipping houses new
      #279704 - 08/23/06 07:14 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Speaking of that, we watched a show the other night about a couple in SanAntonio, TX. They bought this ranch type home for $220,000.00. Put $100,000.00 renovations into it. Had it appraised for $550,000.00 and in 3 years it will be worth over $900,000.00!!! So basically a profit of almost $700,000.00 Can you imagine!? I told hubby, ok we are moving to SanAntonio. This place had over 4,000 square feet of living and an inground pool.!

Heck if you can swing it, flipping houses is a great investment!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 98 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3309

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review