Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Girlie question, please reply!
      #275193 - 07/21/06 08:57 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi ladies,

I am just wondering.. other than pregnancy, are there many reasons why a period would just not show up?
I am currently 5 days late for my period and this has never happened to me before. The latest it has been is maybe 3 days, but that is usually if I've messed up with my bcp or something.
Several days ago, I started to feel kinda bloating and crampy and then it went away and nothing.. and now I am starting to think that was just normal bad tummy.
I dunno why this has happened, and I'm a little concerned.. should I be?
Any input is appreciated!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Girlie question, please reply! new
      #275195 - 07/21/06 09:58 PM
vls

Reged: 06/27/06
Loc: Central Ohio

Hey there, I've heard of a few reason why your period could be late, so I'll just throw them out there: I've heard that stress can delay your period, I'm not sure why, but I know I've read this in womens magazines, also, I know that frequent excercising can cause women to have delayed periods or even skip periods. Those are just a few reasons I've heard of, hopefully someone else can help you out with more. I can't think of anything serious, off the top of my head that would cause you to have a delayed/missed period.

#275196 - 07/21/06 10:43 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Steph,

Are you currently on bcp? If you are, I wouldn't worry about it until it's time to start your new pack. If your period hasn't shown up by then, I'd take a test just in case. If it comes back negative, you might want to call your doctor to see what's up. It might be time for a different pill or something.

If you are NOT on bcp, your period could be delayed because of any number of things that might have caused you not to ovulate this cycle: stress, sickness, a random bad cycle, etc.

Keep us updated!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#275201 - 07/22/06 04:53 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I wouldn't worry. There's tons of reasons why it wouldn't come. When I was first diagnosed with IBS, my diet was so terrible that it didn't come. Different meds can cause it, or it could just be making a nuisance of itself. It always likes to come at the most inopportune time.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#275202 - 07/22/06 05:43 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

If you're on BCP, sometimes your body will just skip some cycles. It's totally normally.

Also, stress, poor diet, over exercising, will all cause it not to come.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

#275206 - 07/22/06 07:55 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

good point. I was on the same pill for about two years, and my period was barely there anymore. My doctor said it was probably time to switch kinds, but I went off it altogether instead to take a break.

Maybe that is happening with your pill..

--------------------

#275211 - 07/22/06 08:25 AM
Stephie

Hey Christine,

Yep, I am on bcp right now. I start my new pack tomorrow. If nothing has happened by then, I'll make an appointment to see the doc. I sorta feel it coming on again so maybe this time it's actually coming.. who knows?!
I'll letcha know if I find anything out!

Thanks for the advice!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#275212 - 07/22/06 08:27 AM
Stephie

Hey Ashley,

Reading your post made me realise that may be exactly what is happening.. I have been on this pill (Alesse) for a long time.. like, 5-6 years now and recently my periods that used to be pretty heavy have been like nothing. Last cycle I think I had it for about 2 days, and very very light. Hmm.
Maybe I should double check with my doctor and see what she says.
Thanks!!
Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#275214 - 07/22/06 08:28 AM
Stephie

Hey you!!
Good to see you!!
I think I won't stress over it, and maybe just check in with my doctor about this pill I am on.
I was really sick last week and haven't been eating very well, so I guess it could be a whole combination of things.. including stress of moving and all that.
Thanks for the reply, talk to you soon!

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#275217 - 07/22/06 09:46 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh wow.. that is a long time on one pill!

I assume thats exactly what is happening. My doctor told me that that is what happens after your body gets used to a pill. It doesn't necessarily make the pill less effective, however, my doctor advised me to switch kinds anyways just to give myself some peace of mind, and to make things more regular.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 645 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3448

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review