All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Actually... new
      #275228 - 07/22/06 12:28 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I just realised that I did go off Alesse for nearly 2 years when I was in the UK and was on a different one because they don't have Alesse there.. so I have been back on it for about 20 months.. Either way, it is a long time on this pill.
My "friend" just seemed to arrive and seems pretty mad that it's late so hoorah...
Thanks again Ashley!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Steph new
      #275231 - 07/22/06 12:42 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Glad to hear you are all sorted out. Not that not having your period is a bad thing. I'm on the Mirina iud as the pill and I don't get along. I don't get a period at all, for five years. Unless you are wanting kids, it is not necessary to have a period every month. My obgyn is great and he recommended the Mirina after my ectopic as now Thomas and I can't have kids naturally and didn't plan on them anyways!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Girlie question, please reply! new
      #275237 - 07/22/06 12:51 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

lol i'll trade you!! as i just posted, i'm breastfeeding, and on the depo, i'm NOT suppose to have my period, but i just got it!! my son is 7 weeks, with my daughter i didn't have my period for a year, then went to the doc, cuz i was having cramps, and didn't know what it was!! lol..i thought i was dying!!

IUD new
      #275240 - 07/22/06 12:58 PM
Stephie

Hi there,

That's great that you found something when the pill and you didn't have a good relationship.
I don't know yet how I feel about kids - I know from my terrified reaction when my period was 4 days late and I had to take a preg test that I really don't want one right now!
If someone has an IUD and wants kids later on, is that possible or is it a one shot deal?
Just curious!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Lyndsey new
      #275241 - 07/22/06 01:01 PM
Stephie

Hey Lyndsey!

That is really strange that your period snuck up on you like that... what did the doctor say? Shouldn't the depo shot stop it completely?
How bizarre..
Well, mine showed up and now I am suffering for it, stupid thing. Luckily I have today off (I usually work Saturdays) as someone needed to swap a shift and so I can just lie and sulk in my own company rather than being nasty to everyone at work, hee hee.
Unfortunately, it's like 35 degrees here today and I am boiling so I am lucky to be living in this basement suite. Soon we move to a top floor apartment, I am going to DIE!

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Lyndsey...steph... new
      #275243 - 07/22/06 01:14 PM
Lyndsey

35 degrees c i'm guessing..lol..i'm american, we go by f...so i have no idea what temp it's at there!! lol..silly american!! it's suppose to be 107f here today..YUCK! staying at home today....

well my doc said i could get my period, but shouldn't, because the shot and breastfeeding, but since when does my body do what is normal?? lol

how have you been?

#275246 - 07/22/06 01:23 PM
Stephie

Haha, yeah, that's like my body too. Well, hopefully you should get through this one and then not have it come around anymore?
Oh yean, it's celcius here... um, lemme see what that is in F.. looks like it is about 95 degrees. That's really hot for Vancouver, we rarely get weather like this.. We get like one heat wave every year and my stomach hates it.

I have been alright... pretty stressed lately with the moving and everything. Having a pretty bad time with anxiety and stuff, but I finally have a GI doc appointment this Thursday and I am not going to let her just hurry me out of the office and not talk to me like the last one did!

How about you? How's the new baby? And your other little one? How is married life treating you?
I guess you are on mat leave at the moment?

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: IUD new
      #275318 - 07/23/06 11:41 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

You can have your iud taken out anytime you want to start having kids, they say the effects are the same as the pill. It may take a while for you cycles to become regular again, but there is little to no side affects that will affect your pregnancies. Best to ask your dr. but some iuds are from 2 to 5 year plans. You can find what works for you - the pill, the patch, the iud etc.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#275435 - 07/24/06 11:01 AM
Lyndsey

95 is pretty hot...it was 114 saturday, and 110 yesterday, and suppose to be 110 today too...i don't know what that is in c...but it means it's damn hot!!! of course we're in california, and we get heat waves like that..but it's never been THIS bad before...it sucks!!

anyway...i'm on marternity leave now, and i'm getting an extension..baby is doing well, daughter is doing well, married life is pretty well...tryin to get things right still...you know...but as anything in life, it's a work in progress...you know?

how's adriene and eveyrthing?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 244 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3459

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review