All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ANYONE HAVE THE DEPO SHOT??
      #273857 - 07/13/06 10:36 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i just went to get my 6 week post partum check up, they wanted to know what birth control i wanted, i wanted the IUD, but medi cal doen'st cover it, so i got the depo shot instead...mainly because we've had sex, and i stopped thinking about birth control, becuase we've not used it for so long...i totally didn't think about it!! so they gave me the depo, and said it was probably the best to do for now with my tummy and breastfeeding...anyone else use it? i wanna know for my tummy!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Me! Me! new
      #273865 - 07/13/06 11:19 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I do and I love it. Do a search for nelly and depo and you'll find a ton of posts where I've touted my love for it.

Not everybody feels the same way, tho, but for me it was a lifesaver for my endo pains. Plus no periods, yay! Let us know how it works for you!!

~nelly~

Re: ANYONE HAVE THE DEPO SHOT?? new
      #273879 - 07/13/06 12:12 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I did about 5 years ago. Went off it because I got rid of the hosebeast boyfriend at the time who decided he must dictate what sort of BC we (I) used.

I didn't like Depo. It made me at least slightly depressed, dried me out down there so much it hurt to have "relations" and killed my libido. Oh, and I spotted lots and lots.

Frankly, I'd rather have my period. That way I know the equipment's working.

However, I know lots of women LOVE the shot. Chemical birth control just screws with me, and not in a good way.

just a warning.. new
      #273973 - 07/14/06 04:24 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

a) I dont' do this because I can't do chemical BC either due to massive BAD side effects- pill, patch, etc.. but I do want to warn you that as it tricks your body into thinking its pregnant- some of the side effects are like pregnancy- one of the reasons a friend didn't like it.. and another friend got pregnant on it- it has the same issues as the pill with being taken WITH an antibiotic- it acts as a fertility drug... PLEASE be careful and use something else for a month or so if you do go on antibiotics or talk to your doc!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: ANYONE HAVE THE DEPO SHOT?? new
      #273982 - 07/14/06 06:33 AM
Langgang

Reged: 06/25/06
Loc: Sedalia, MO

I've been on Depo for 12+ years now. I started it when my youngest was born. I nursed him for 14 months also. I love Depo for the most part. I haven't had much weight gain while taking it. I do get my shot the first available date in the "window" of time. In the past 2 years I had problems with spotting (quite a bit) right before I got the shot and finally figured out it was because the nurses were scheduling me for late in the timeframe to get the shot. Once I started getting it in the first days - no problems!

Unfortunately I can't really tell you how it has affected my IBS since I was just diagnosed in June. Hopefully the Depo will work as well for you as it did for me.

--------------------
Robin
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 990 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 965

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review