All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Hey guys
      #271876 - 06/30/06 01:41 PM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

well after a little absence (been really bad and had an endoscopy and biopsys taken on wed) i`m back and went for a run today too! woo...start my new job tomo though and I`m really nervous because I`m basically on my own, running my own department (just consistig of moi)and I have only had an hour training hope your all ok, sorry I haven`t been posting but for obvious reasons I`ve not been too great. I need to read and catch up with everyones goings on but I just wanted to say

Thanks Nat your text meant alot to know you were thinking of me, you are a star and have been ever since I joined this board. Hope ur jobs are going well and ur tum is behaving.

Blondie:so glad your feeling more positive...stay strong, keep smiling, your doing great...and email me your mob number cos I was worrying about you whilst I haven`t been on the boards (nat reassured me you were ok) so next time i can text and see how you are

Everyone else: I will read your posts soon and try and catch up... sorry I haven`t done it sooner, I keep getting really bad migraines and the computers not helping (Could this be because of the sedation?....I never get migraines but have since the camera...maybe its just a coinidence)

anyway I`m off to prepare for my new job tomo....i feel sick. hope my tum behaves

lots of huggles

jo xxx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hey guys new
      #271881 - 06/30/06 01:57 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Jo
Glad the tests went ok- does that mean that you are back off wheat and feeling great?

Good work going running, I hit the treadmill last night for the first time in a few weeks and feel remarkably OK today after it.

Best of luck with the job tomorrow, you'll do great, remember that they wouldn't have given you the job unless they thought that you could do it

Let us know how it goes

--------------------
S.

Sending lots of happy tummy thoughts... new
      #271882 - 06/30/06 02:00 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

for tomorrow...Im sure all will be fine...but incase tummy does decide to misbehave make sure you have LOTS of immodium easily on hand...I am confident that your first day will go fine...what is it you have to do again?? I cant remember exactly what you said

I am working tomorrow too...bummer isnt it cos of the England game...what time are you on?? Im meant to be working 1-6pm but we may close the shop early cos of the match...we did that last week and the whole centre closed...but with it being a saturday they werent sure...but we will surely have no customers at that time so we may aswell...am keeping my fingers crossed!! Its a staff night out aswell tomorrow...have only been there a week but am hoping it will give me the chance to get to know everyone a little better if I can go.

Was meant to be moving house properly tomorrow but am geting the keys at 10am and moving some stuff...am sooooooooooo excited...just wish I had money now to sort things out(insurance and removals van etc) is annoying as have to wait till end of the month when will get paid...grrrrr

Oooooh and more exciting news...I had a telephone screening interview with a recruitment agency for the call centre job that Ive been after...is 4pm-8pm 4 weekdays and one weekend day so thats 20 hours a week at £7.26 an hour..which is fabulous for student type jobs...and I could still keep this job and maybe do the other temping work around it too...so...anyways..I passed the screening interview...went great...she was very positive and she's put me in for an assessment interview in person on Monday morning...it takes about 2 hours and is a bit grueling...have a data entry test, group exercise and official interview thing where they ask you all those annoying questions like 'tell me about a time when you've had to persuade someone to do something'...and anyways...if I get it(which Im praying I will...cos 6 people have dropped out and so they need people and theres only a few of us being interviewed) then I will start training THAT evening 5-9!! Talk about fast and immediate start!lol! Its as a customer collections advisor...basically I'd be working for O2 network ringing people who'v missed payments and them ringing me....so fingers crossed I could be rolling in it by next month....I REALLY NEED to sort my debts!!!

God Im such a waffler arent I....I talk like that too...don't know how people understand me...Im like my mother...make no sense...I am crazy....anyways...point of my post...what was it again?? Oh yea...you will be FINE...sending lots of hugs and happiness your way...and just think...Im gona be on my own on the till tomorrow and have no clue what Im doing as real boss is away and its saturday so will be busy...so if end up stressed at all tomorrow just think of me...I am probably going through exactly the same thing only a few hours away from you....

--------------------
Natalie

#271892 - 06/30/06 03:30 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

CONGRATS on the run!

Good luck tommorrow.. I'm sure you will do just fine..

keep us posted

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

hijacking to say hi to Nat... new
      #271909 - 06/30/06 04:40 PM
cailin

..sorry Jo to hijack but I know you won't mind

The job opportunity sounds great, fingers crossed for you. My brother (the one you met) used to work for o2, there are pretty good perks, they paid his health insurance etc, not sure how many hours that you have to do for them to do that. Would be great experience too. Not surprised that you did so well. Once you get collections experience you'll never be stuck for parttime work they are always crying out for them. Money sounds excellent too.

Good luck moving tomorrow too Nat.
(and you Jo)

--------------------
S.

Aww thanks sinead... new
      #271960 - 07/01/06 01:35 AM
Natalie1985

yea it is great money and its very flexible with my uni stuff with it being evening...plus there's bonuses involved and a free gym membership to their gym there and 20% next discount for everyone...loads of perks....fingers crossed as would be SOOOOOOOOO convenient! I was always afraid to apply for that type of job...figured it would be too much stress and with uni and everything I was better just waitressing and working in the shop etc...but then I started thinking about my CV and thought...what with me going to be an interior architect and needing to consult with clients, sell your designs/ideas etc...this would give me a great opportunity to build my confidence in building up a good rapport with customers and everything...and its PAID training for 4 weeks...I'd learn so much. I'd have the chance to develop skills in areas which would be VERY RELEVANT to the sort of work I'll be going in to when I graduate! I dont want to jinx myself and not get it...but....as they are needing people and I am making myself sound VERY ENTHUSIASTIC AND AVAILABLE and as I have a good CV...I am PRAYING all goes to plan! Cross your fingers toes and everything for me on monday!!!

--------------------
Natalie

#271999 - 07/01/06 10:11 AM
pinkprincess

Good Luck Nat!

Sinead - I`m still eating the wheat...they said keep eating it till you know if you have it or not but I`m not TOO bad with it I`m handling it a bit better

As for my first day - its soooooooooooo boring, the people are ignorant and one even moved my whole display that I was supposed to be selling today and tomorrow whilst I was trying to sell (i`m doing promotions in the same store each week, its an asda that doesn`t sell food) anyway I came home and had a good cry, I`m going to give it a while but if I carry on hating it i`ll just leave.

Got to go to a wedding on 28th/29th July and am dreading that, i`ve taken an unpaid weekend off work for it and i`ll give it to then, if I still don`t like it I will leave.

Think I may do the recruitment thing too, am gonna drop my c.v off on moday...
thanks guys JO x

--------------------

Yea the recruitment agencys can be great.... new
      #272001 - 07/01/06 11:05 AM
Natalie1985

if you go to the right ones...I know there must be loads in manchester like in leeds...go and find out...have u considered customer sales advisor positions like Im hoping to do?? Cos they pay sooooooo well......yea I'd say stick it out a bit longer....u never know...I didnt like toyworld after first few days and was planning to leave if sorted this ventura thing out...but then Ive been there over a week now and LOVE IT....Ive met some really nice people there...we have a right laff and am off out 2nite on a staff night out...so shud be fun....am coming home early though as am working tomorrow...and wont get up at all if I dont!

Will keep sending happy thoughts and hope the job gets better!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Aww thanks sinead... new
      #272005 - 07/01/06 11:43 AM
cailin

It all sounds great Nat, so many perks! You are definitely a people person with a great personality so I reckon anything customer focussed will definitely play to your talents. You're right that it's good to have that type of experience too, it always pays off to have office type experience on your CV.

But poor you Jo. sounds nightmarish, you poor honey...You are right to give it some time. With your retail experience you will find another job no problem so don't fret about it. Nat's right agencies can find great stuff, I'd aim for jobs that are not selling though if you can, more customer service that type of thing, the telesales can be very tough, my friend used to do it when we were in college selling a gym machine and she never sold ANY and was on a very basic pay and was supposed to earn commission.

Hang in there and good luck with it

--------------------
S.

Re: Aww thanks Nat and sinead... new
      #272015 - 07/01/06 12:38 PM
pinkprincess

I will hang in there but cos I`ve stressed my tums hurting now! urrrrrrrgh

I would LOVE to work in toyworld but I`d end up playing with the barbie dolls all day...i`m such a girl. been looking for loads of jobs tonight and am going to apply on monday as well as going to recruitment agency (inbetween a hospital check up appointment...not ibs related) UNLESS tomorrow is any better....I`m selling football stuff...great...noone will want football stuff after tonight.

I`ve rambled enough!
Thanks u two,
big huggles
jo x

x

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 661 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6693

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review