All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
post-baby questions
      #271129 - 06/26/06 10:09 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i don't remember any of this stuff with my daughter..so i'll ask...

1) i read someone said you can bleed up to 6 weeks after giving birth, i'm still bleeding, not alot, ususally in the morning a little, then at night a little..it's kinda weird but i can predict when it'll be

2) Little baby boy likes to pop off the boob, then back on..,then off again, then on..he's almost 4 weeks old, i remember my daughter doing it later on...but do you think that probably he's just learning he can control that? it drives me crazy..should i take him off for a little after he does it..it starts to irritate me a little, like hurt kinda, but sorta annoy me too! lol..

3) I was told "don't put anything in your vagina for 4 weeks" haha, i say it that way too, because thats what the nurse said. like i just put things in there...lol..like mike will say "sweetie, can you hold my wallet?" "sure love, i'll store it in my who-who" lmao....anyway...we had sex today, it wasn't too bad..but iddn't really feel good, it didn't hurt hurt..it hurt a tiny bit, he said we'd stop if i hurt too much, and kept asking if i wanted to stop..but it doen'st feell the same, like i can tell i'm stretched out...after i had my daughter i hadn't had sex for over 3 years...mainly becuase her father put such an unwantedness on it...not a nice guy...but will sex be better? i just felt like i could't feel alot, and it hurt a tiny bit, but felt weird to me...i want it to go back to fun!! lol...

i think thats all my questions for now...still breastfeeding...can you believe it's almost been 4 weeks?!

anyway...thats it..any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

btw, if this post is hard to follow i appologize, it's a mixture of lack of sleep, and well...i actually talk like i type, which can be hard to follow sometimes becuase i make up my own words and way of saying things (friends laugh at my emails becuase i type like i talk,...and my thought patterns are a little differnt than most people's..lol) so i tend to talk and type all over the place...A.D.D or something, i don't know!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: post-baby questions new
      #271132 - 06/26/06 10:21 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Okay, well, I've never had a baby, but my sister just had one in January, and I've been very involved, so I'll give these a shot:

1)I think the bleeding is still normal, so I wouldn't worry about it.
2)Yeah, he's kind of young to be doing the "popping off the boob" thing. The thing is, he's so young, so I don't think he's trying to be annoying just yet. When he pulls off, is he distracted? Are you a big producer? Is he maybe getting too much or too little?
3)First of all, shame on you for disobeying the doc! Be VERY careful! I know two different women who have gotten pregnant without ever getting their first period after a baby. Be very, very, careful.

Also, your hormones are screwed up still. Many women experience dryness after they have a baby, which could explain the pain. As for the looseness, it's possible, but I'm sure it will improve with time. Also, do kegels to firm things up!

Good luck getting some rest! I know that those first few weeks are exhausting.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#271264 - 06/27/06 04:57 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Your post made me laugh..who-who!

I had a baby last July and I'll attempt to answer your questions.

1.) You'll bleed for a while. Off and on. It's all normal. If it goes beyond six weeks, check with your doc. But it sounds fairly normal to me.

2.) I breastfed for three months and it was one of the hardest things that I've ever done! Does your hospital have a number you can call for bf questions? My hospital had a special number dedicated to questions about breastfeeding. I know that my little guy when through so many weird (or at least weird to me) little quirks, that I had no idea if it was normal or if he was getting enough food.

I have learned, though, that some babies are no-nonsense about meal times and suck down what they need in the fastest time possible. Others take their time. If you're not concerned about him getting enough nutrition, then I'd grin and bear it. If you think that he's not getting enough, call your pediatrician. Or do what I did, and call anyway. That's what they get paid to do. :-)

3.) Ugh, sex after birth. Extremely painful for me. I think we started at three weeks. I really didn't enjoy it for at least a couple of months. Your who-who went through a severe amount of trauma and it will take a while for things to tighten up down there. I don't remember how long it took, but I do know that it did get better.

Aren't babies wonderful!!

--------------------
~jules

#271283 - 06/27/06 06:52 PM
Lyndsey

thanks for the advise, i actually have no insurance now...my coverage dropped me, becasue it was government funded...so i guess i'm dropped, i'll find out tomorrow if i at least get another month, i need a post partum check up, but may not get one becuase i don't qualify anymore...i hate the funding it doen'st make sense...i could go on...but i wont!!

he gets enough from BF, i think that it keeps going and he just wants to nurse...little stinker!! so i'll just grin and bare it now...

sex didn't make me want to die or anything, but it felt so Eh...ususally it's fun...i did like that it could be more than just one way...you know when your preggers, you can only do it a certain way..so i liked that...i was scared,...lol we used ky becaseu i was scared if it would hurt...i just want it fun again!! lol...i'm doing my kegal though! it'll get stronger right? my who who...lol...not just feeling like something is hanging out there?? mike said it was more about how we feel than how "it" feels...lol..he said i could do a little tightening..but iddn't make me feel bad about it...but at least he could be on me...lol (anchorman movie)

thanks for the thoughts ladies!!

#271298 - 06/27/06 07:58 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Aren't you covered by Mike's insurance? What about your kids? You really ought to sort that out asap ...

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: coverage new
      #271387 - 06/28/06 10:14 AM
Lyndsey

mike's medical coverage SUCKS, my daughter is covered from her dad, my son is covered through medi cal (government funded) just mike and i arent covered...again not getting into it!! it's not P.C. lol...but it sucks, i wont have coverage for my tummy meds...i'm going to talk to the man that decides it all today though, so hopefully they will keep me on

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1259

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review