Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
So scared for interview tomorrow
      #265371 - 05/24/06 05:41 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

I need some good vibes sent my way. I'm going for my first job interview in four years tomorrow and I'm really scared. I hate that I even have to be doing this but I think it's best I try and get back to work. It's with a staffing agency but it's for a permanent position as an accounts payable clerk/secretary. The benefit is they may also have other jobs available.

Last night I did all their testing (it can be done online) and I think I did pretty well (there was SO much though, typing, listening skills, data entry, math, vocubulary, punctuation, WORD and Excel) but now I'm really scared about the interview.

I haven't worked in 1 year and I don't want them to know that but I'm afraid it might come across because I'm so out of practice.

Any tips? Good advice? Anything?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So scared for interview tomorrow new
      #265373 - 05/24/06 06:18 PM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

relax, have a nice dinner of IBS extremely safe foods, go in there and kick butt! You got what it takes to fill that position.

#265377 - 05/24/06 06:37 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Good luck Kelly!

Just be yourself.

You're going to do great! new
      #265378 - 05/24/06 06:43 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Just relax tonight and get a good sleep. Just be honest when answering the questions and you'll do just fine. I will be sending you good thoughts tomorrow!

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

*hugs*

Michelle

#265387 - 05/24/06 07:17 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm really happy that you're taking this step after having been out of work for a year. It's normal to be nervous, but remember to have confidence in yourself (you have experience, you're smart, you've made it through a very difficult year where you had to advocate for yourself a lot). Have you thought about practicing/having a mock interview with your fiance?

For tomorrow, take a deep breath before you go into your interview, smile, and just be yourself. I think sincerity and friendliness go a long way.

Good luck!

#265390 - 05/24/06 07:32 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine.

#265456 - 05/25/06 05:30 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Good luck! You'll do great, I know it!

#265470 - 05/25/06 06:35 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Kelly, I just interviewed yesterday and was sooo stressed. Guess what? It was super simple and a breeze. Maybe you'll also be pleasantly surprised!!!

Good luck!

Re: how did it go? new
      #265529 - 05/25/06 10:07 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Kelly,

I hope everything went well with your interview today.

Jenn

Thanks...and the details... new
      #265578 - 05/25/06 02:52 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

It went really well. They were extremely impressed with all my scores on the at-home testing they had me do, and they have two potential immediate positions and possibly some other ones coming available. The problem is, the one they want to send me out for (it's an agency so I have to go and meet with the manager of the actual place as well to make sure he likes me) will likely want an interview Monday, which is also when I possibly have another job opportunity. Ugh...I don't know which way to go.

The other one is a front-desk person at a hotel...I was in there today as well and I thought I was just dropping off my resume but it happened to be the general manager and we got to talking and he said he'd like me to come in and shadow an employee for the day to make sure I could handle the job, and then if they like me I'd start immediately. I would rather have that job because it would give me the opportunity to work later in the day (the other job is 8-5 which is killer with my sleep schedule) but they are both good jobs.

So I'm not sure what to do. I think I should probably hold out for the hotel, and if necessary tell the temp. agency that I can't attend an interview that day, in which case they will either postpone it (if they can) or fill the position with someone else...at least there I know something else will come along (they had 3 more jobs open up after I left). Whereas with the hotel this would be my only shot.

Any opinions or advice?

Thanks for all your support guys

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 705 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8930

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review