All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I have mono
      #262359 - 05/08/06 06:45 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Ugh, it's been a tough week. Friday I went to the doctor for a strep test and he told me I have mono (negative for strep).

I took this whole week off of work and I might have sacrificed this project (it's week 5 out of 6). I leave for Thailand in 2 and a half weeks and want to be ok for the trip.

As usual, getting well is my #1 priority! But life has a way of getting in the way of that!!

I had a fever that just wouldn't break this weekend (kept vomiting all the tylenol) and I was hallucinating that everything was taking place when I was 6 and had pneumonia. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what room I was in!

I'm all stressed out over the work situation and having to let this project drop. Some people will be let down and I hate feeling guilty about that. I'm just trying to concentrate on being happy that today I can take a deep breath without feeling that I'm under water.

Send hugs and love to Nelly, P.O. box My Bed!!

Mono, jeesh. Like I'm 15 again.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I have mono new
      #262360 - 05/08/06 07:08 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

What crappy thing to get! I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so sickly Nelly. Tina and I were just talking tonight and wondering how you were. Now I guess we know. Here's hoping you get well soon.

--------------------

OH noooooooooooooooo new
      #262362 - 05/08/06 07:23 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Mono is terrible - you don't worry about ANYTHING except getting FULLY better, you understand? This is a mommy talking. You need to be babied ....

I'm so sorry, feel better VERY soon, now go back to SLEEP!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#262375 - 05/08/06 08:21 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh no! what a crappy time to get it!! Do you have a light case? (full on cases can keep you bed ridden for a month or more so I hope its not that!!)

I got mono my freshman year of college, but it was a relatively light case. I was stuck in bed for a week, but after that I was feeling slightly better. However, I was told that I couldn't drink alcohol for at least six weeks and I also had to be careful bc my spleen/liver area def stuck out for quite awhile. Even a few months after i'd be winded walking up and down stairs or going for long walks.

Talk to your doctor about these things especially if you'll be walking a lot on your vacation! Also.. tell BF to watch out cause he may get it too from smoooching!

oh man i'm so sorry! I hated mono!

--------------------

Mono's a drag new
      #262377 - 05/08/06 08:35 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Been there, done that. The most important thing is REST. Sleep, sleep, sleep. Don't push yourself, no matter how tempting it might be - you can cause permanent damage to your organs (liver? kidneys? I don't remember which one) if you don't. Get lots of protein - my doctor recommended that, and it really did help me feel better. And here's hoping you don't have it for 2 months like I did.

Get well soon!

Re: Aww, sweetie!!! new
      #262401 - 05/09/06 06:07 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

REST girl, REST. Don't feel guilty about the project, unless of course you got Mono on purpose to affect the project (KIDDING). Of course it's not your fault. Let it go. Do you think the other people on your project never got sick before? Nothing you can do.
Take care of yourself now, or it's only gonna take longer to get better.
Huge hugs,
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

oh how stinky new
      #262408 - 05/09/06 06:31 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I had mono during my senior year of high school. I was MISERABLE. You have my sympathy. The only good thing that came out of that was losing about 20 pounds -- not that I needed it. I was under 100lbs at graduation!!!!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Ohhhh, I hate mono! new
      #262409 - 05/09/06 06:33 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I had it when I was 15!!! Oh how awful!! BIG HUGS!!! BIG BIG HUGS!!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#262413 - 05/09/06 06:43 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh, mono is tough! I'm so sorry to hear that.

Don't worry too much about your project. You'll figure something out. Just rest up as I think that's the best thing for mono.

#262430 - 05/09/06 07:27 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ugh, Nelly, thats just down right craappppyyyy!!! Mono is one thing I've managed to escape but I've heard its pretty nasty. Do you think chicken soup would mail well?? I'd come over and whip you up a batch if I lived closer!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 162 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3447

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review