Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
BL !!!! Where are you?? Does anyone know where BL is???~nt~
      #260503 - 04/27/06 09:51 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

We've emailed a couple times - she's not been online much since moving in her new house. nt new
      #260510 - 04/28/06 05:29 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Here I am!!!!!! new
      #260557 - 04/28/06 01:29 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Gosh, I can't believe someone actually missed me! Sorry I've been away so long. I check in periodically to see what's going on, but I haven't had much time to post.

We've been in our new house 2 months now. I'd forgotten how much there is to do when you move into a new house!I still haven't picked out any window treatments. The "paper" ones---the temporary blinds with the clothespins on the ends---are getting old.

We love it here! I spend so much time sitting on my front porch that I don't get a lot done in the house. We have 4 rocking chairs on the porch and 2 ceiling fans, and I sit out there like a lil' ol' lady at a nursing home. My husband says he feels like he's on vacation, sitting on the porch of a bed and breakfast place. We eat, drink and read on the porch. The neighbors walk by and before you know it, a crowd has joined us. I have to keep cold drinks and snacks on hand at all times! This is quite a change from our former neighborhood where everyone drove home, went in their garage and put the garage door down.

I am enjoying having the house all on one floor, and having the master bedroom right next to the laundry room. (no more dragging dirty clothes up and down the stairs.) We have a back (screened) porch too, but we don't have furniture for it yet.

I wish I could post pictures of the new house, but I don't know how. Maybe I could send a few to Michelle and she could post them for me.

I'm glad to know everyone is doing well, and that you ladies missed me. I've missed you too!

Re: Here I am!!!!!! new
      #260561 - 04/28/06 02:10 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi BL!! Glad to hear the new house is so wonderful! The porch sounds lovely! I wished we were friends with our neighbors but they are just not interested in getting to know us. Sounds like a fabulous neighborhood!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Hi stranger! email the pics to me, I'll do it this weekend. Good to see ya! nt new
      #260570 - 04/28/06 03:22 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Here I am!!!!!! new
      #260577 - 04/28/06 04:09 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

glad to see you back. I was asking about you a few weeks ago. the new house sounds awesome...I can't wait to see pics

--------------------

Re: BL , I have a doggy question for you? new
      #260604 - 04/28/06 11:06 PM
gigi

I have a 3yr old chocolate lab/australian sheppard,male. He is the sweetest thing, and totally devoted to me. He is having feet problems, cracked and raw pads, around his claws he has some ugly scabby looking mess going on. I have been putting hydrogen peroxide on his feet every night. His claws are all white, and the skin around them is very sensitive. He has kennel with a run, he stays there at night, and on most days spends the day outside. There are three other dogs in this kennel. Right now, I am worried about him and he limps around so badly that sometimes he just gives up and goes on back to lay in the run.

I have been thinking of having David give him an anti biotic injection, or it could be a fungus of some sort, I just don't know. I hate to see this sweet boy suffer.
Do you know what this could be from? How can we heal him?
Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Congrats on the new house, it sounds just lovely. Can't wait to see some pics of it.

#260607 - 04/29/06 04:13 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Can you take him to the vet - the hydrogen peroxide mught just be drying his skin out more. You probably need to find out the underlying problem before you can cure him.

Best of luck and hope the poor boy feels better soon.

#260610 - 04/29/06 05:34 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ohhhh, poor thing! Sounds like he's really uncomfortable and needs to see a vet. It may be a fungus--- or it could be allergies.
Our other beagle used to have allergies really bad, and his paws were always raw, and he was constantly chewing or licking on them. He had so many skin and ear problems! The vet tried everything (shots, oral and topical meds), but he didn't improve until we changed his dog food to one for pets with allergies. I think it contained lamb and rice. We saw a noticeable improvement after that.

Good luck! I hope the poor little guy feels better soon.

Re: The Vet? new
      #260641 - 04/29/06 02:19 PM
gigi

Here I am trying to cure him myself, .

Where is my head?? Fungus and allergies are sooo possible.

We are going to take care of it this week! Excuse me for being a blonde (I just turned blonde this week !!!), my sweet boy is not going to suffer any more. Thanks girls.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2641

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review