All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
newly diagnosed and need to vent
      #260501 - 04/27/06 09:43 PM
welshgrl

Reged: 04/27/06
Loc: Michigan

Just diagnosed formally with IBS after colonoscopy today. Took two months of solid pain, symptoms, two meds, one fired GP, three ER trips and about two weeks of missed work (in the past month) to get here. Reading the information and posts on this site have made me feel like I'm not alone and that I can hopefully regain some control over this aspect of my life. Why is it that if something requires surgery, it is serious, but the same symptoms (which are chronic), with at least 15 lbs weight loss in an already underweight person, are brushed off? What is the stigma about the mind-body connection that makes physicians brush off any related physical illness? Anyway, finally found a doctor who listened and this website and hope to move forward in a positive and healthy way. Thanks for listening:)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: newly diagnosed and need to vent new
      #260504 - 04/27/06 09:54 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Good for you, you are ready to read and learn. I found most of my helpful info. in Heathers Book, IBS-The First Years. That should get you started to feeling better in no time.
Stick with the message boards here, lots of experienced people who can help you get to know your body better, and help you down that road!! Good Luck~

Heather's books new
      #260514 - 04/28/06 06:30 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I agree ... Heather's books have changed my life around. And also, reading the info from the group here. Certainly good to know that we are not alone.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Heather's books new
      #260533 - 04/28/06 08:46 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Yeah Heathers book is fantastic, as is this site. 2 months to be diagnoised? ur lucky. I`ve had ibs symptoms for two years and its still not properly been diagnoised...still however long it takes - quick or long - its never quick enough and still annoying.

Good luck to you and use this site. It is amazing!

Jo

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Re: Heather's books new
      #260536 - 04/28/06 09:26 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welcome! Sorry you've had such an awful time of it recently but unfortunately most docs don't take IBS seriously Look forward to getting to know you better!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1149

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review