All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Update on my doc. appt for possible fibro
      #253341 - 03/21/06 06:50 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I've originally posted this on the diet board, it was suggested that I also post it here...

Well, not too much to report. I told her about the pain & she didn't seemed to concerned. I metioned arthuritis, she said, "at the age of 29?" I've heard of crazier things, & I've seen people younger than me with it too. I mentioned Fibromyalgia, & she said that has to do with the muscles. She gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxer & I will have to get some blood work done. She said we'll see where that takes us & she may send me to a rheumatologist. So, I'll go Sat. for the blood work & I have another appt on April 21st. Thankfully I have the same muscle relaxer from the car accident at home, so, if need be I can use that instead of filling another prescription. But I don't get it, if she said that fibro has to do with the mucsle, & my pain seems to be in the joints, why give me a prescrption for a muscle relaxer????
I woke up this morning & my hands were stiff-like. I wonder if I'm not missing something in my diet. I take a multivitamin, & a calcium supplement. Any ideas?

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Update on my doc. appt for possible fibro new
      #253361 - 03/21/06 07:44 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I replied to you on the diet board! Just a note to add though, I take a boat load of vitamins, I'm on prescription pre-natals, extra b-6, b-12, vit E, a magnesium supplement and something called Ambrotose, which is supposed to be food for your bodies cells or something good anyways! I'm not sure if being a quart low on vitamins would cause stiffness in joints but I highly doubt it would and I can't believe it'll cause swelling in joints either!

My hubby was on one of those arthritis meds that got pulled off the market a couple of years ago. He has some osteoarthritis from old injuries and he now takes Glucosamine (SP??) and he swears it helps him!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#253434 - 03/21/06 10:08 AM
Kiwii

Yeah, I was taking Boost, for like the past 2 yrs & recently cut back to drinking it every other day. It's loaded with vitamins. I wonderif it has anything to do with that? I need to go out & get more, cuz I was trying to wheen myself off it, but I get these dizzy spells if I go too long with out it. I've heard of Glucosamine helping too, I've also heard Trumeric helps arthritis. My parents take it & love it. Sometimes I wonder where to begin on trying things. Should I just go back to the Boost, should I try Glucosamine or Trumeric. Or should I just wait to see the Rheumy doc?? Oh, so frustrating.....thanx for your help!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#253627 - 03/22/06 03:22 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

See the rhemuy doc. Your age has got *&^% all to do with your risk of having arthritis...there are lots of different types for one! You need to get checked out.

And Fibro isn't all the muscles but some docs say that b/c they can't work out how Fibro works!

Re: Hey Linz, or Michelle...!! new
      #253983 - 03/23/06 11:19 AM
Kiwii

So, I made an appt made for April 24. That was the earliest they said they had, so it looks like it's gonna be a long month.
In the meantime, is there anything I should be doing to help witht the pain? I noticed I'm quite fatigued lately too. It's almost like I get a new symptom each day.This is not gonna be fun....

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Re: Hey Linz, or Michelle...!! new
      #254029 - 03/23/06 02:27 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, Linz has me taking a magnesium maliac supplement and I also take b-6 and b-12. I seem to do ok with either tylenol or Alieve if I take it with an antacid. I can't take any of the mortin products but the naproxyn in Alieve seems to be a little easier on the tummy. A REALLY hot shower, like stuff a towel under the door kinda thing helps to!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1077

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review