All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)
Re: GIRLS (post show 3/7) new
      #251107 - 03/09/06 11:41 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I've never really watched "American Idol" before, but I've actually caught bits of the girls' shows since my husband's been watching it. And, wow, the Southern girl with the super-fake blonde hair? Is she really that dumb or was that an act? I hope so. I mean, how can you not know what a minx is? Didn't she sneak off and read her mom's bodice-ripper romance novels like the rest of us?

Oh, well, that little black top she had on was really cute.

Is Melissa the girl who was wearing the ripped-up jeans? She reminded me of those car models, like in Hot Rod or car shows on the Speed channel. The ones who slut themselves up like crazy but you just end up feeling like they are kinda sad, not hot.

The only two that I really like -- and accordingly whose names I can remember -- are Paris and Mandisa. But I like Mandisa better.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Guys new
      #251130 - 03/09/06 12:49 PM
mrsbunker

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Minnesota

This is my order for the guys after last nights show:

Chris
Ace
Elliott
Taylor
Bucky
Gedeon
Kevin
Will

I really do like Taylor I think he's original too! He's not a Fake that's the real him. He's kind of goofy but who says nobody can be goofy. He's actually somewhat of a good singer too!
I think Kevin & Will will be going home next, there just not as good as the others, but you have to remember these guys are Young, aren't they like 16 or 17. That's just great they made it this far!
I think Ace & Elliot are about the same as far as singing Ace is just a little more good looking. I think it's amazing that Elliot can sing as well as he does with a 90% hearing loss in one ear that's just great!

--------------------
Judy

OH-MY-GOD!!! SHOCKER! American Idol Results Show (3/9) new
      #251231 - 03/09/06 06:09 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I am freaking shocked!!!

I cannot beleive that Ayla was voted off! I feel so bad that I didn't vote for her on tuesday, but I really didn't think she did well on tuesday night (however, I also didn't think my vote would make a difference, I never pictured her being voted off). Still.. More often than not she was one of the more amazing girls! I think Simon was right.. that one song killed her! I honestly think Mellissa should have gone!

As for the boys.. I'm a little less shocked. I assumed it would be Will, and I was sure it would be either Gideon or Kevin. I am glad that it was Gideon over kevin though. Although, I felt bad for him when he was singing his farewell song. He sang it really well tonight.

SHOCKING AMERICAN IDOL!!

Also.. was it just me or was Bo not in top form tonight? I really didnt' like that version of the song. My mom thinks he must have worked hard in the studio bc his live version isn't quite comparable.

--------------------

Re: GIRLS (post show 3/7) new
      #251232 - 03/09/06 06:11 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

The blonde girl is named Kellie (sp?). I think that part of her appeal is her enthusiastic ignorance of many things. She seems very sweet from what they've shown of her though.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: OH-MY-GOD!!! SHOCKER! American Idol Results Show (3/9) new
      #251234 - 03/09/06 06:17 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I can't believe Ayla was kicked off either!! I really think it should have been Kelly. I don't think she has that great of a voice and I hate the "dumb" act. I know that she is a little naive but come on!

As for the boys I really think that Kevin should have gone. He's sweet and all but I don't think he is American Idol type. I am not to sure about Bucky either although he has a better voice than Kevin. Didn't you think that Will looks like a young Fred Savage from The Wonder Years??

no! he looks like Peter Brady! -nt- new
      #251242 - 03/09/06 06:36 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: OH-MY-GOD!!! SHOCKER! American Idol Results Show (3/9) new
      #251245 - 03/09/06 06:43 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I agreed with the first ones voted off...but I, too, was shocked tha Ayala and Gideon were voted off. I feel guilty for not voting for Ayala either. I knew I should have!

I thought it should have been Kevin and Melissa voted off. I kind of like Bucky. Not my favorite...but sort of cute in his own way. Maybe it's that southern drawl of his!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

I agree about Bo... new
      #251317 - 03/10/06 06:06 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I was disappointed with his performance. Bummer!

I'm sad to see Ayla go - she's from Wrentham and it was nice to see someone from New England on the show!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: I agree about Bo... new
      #251319 - 03/10/06 06:08 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I know! I couldn't believe it! she was def a better singer than some of those girls sitting up there

--------------------

TOP 12 COMPETE TO THE THEME OF STEVIE WONDER TONIGHT!! new
      #252166 - 03/14/06 11:10 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quoted from americanidol.com This should be a GREAT show.... I will post my thoughts again after the show...but maybe not until morning.

Quote:

INTRODUCING YOUR TOP 12
After three weeks of amazing performances and voting, America has narrowed down the competition to the Top 12. Now, the competition is really heating up! Tonight, starting 8/7c, all Final 12 perform. Then, come back Wednesday 9/8c for the Results!

This week's theme is music by the legendary Stevie Wonder! And to celebrate that, Stevie himself will be featured on the show and will be performing in tomorrow's Results show!

I wonder if this will make it harder on the girls since they are all songs done by a male.... or will it maybe help them because chances are they will not sound too much like him? I bet Mandisa & Paris will do GREAT tonight!! And I can totally see Ace doing ...."Isn't she lovely"

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 678 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 131346

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review