All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
My car was vandalized!!
      #237709 - 01/11/06 03:32 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Argh!

So I went down to the parking garage outside my apartment building this afternoon only to find that sometime last night my CAR HAD BEEN VANDALIZED! Whoever did it (probably kids) snapped off the back wiper, busted off both side mirrors and wrote something (looks like a tag, I have no idea what it means) on the side of the car with a key or something! A light was busted and all over the ground in the garage and there were muddy FOOTPRINTS on the top of my car and on the hood - which means that whoever did this was jumping on the top of my car!!

It gets worse: I called the police and they told me to just drive it to the police reporting center. So I went to do that only to find, about a block away from my place, that the tire was flat. I don't know if this was slashed last night or if some of the glass on the ground around it from the busted light (I did my best to clear it away and to avoid driving over it but I might have missed some). I guess it must have been the glass because it would have been flat already before I drove it, right? Anyway, I was about a block away from my apartment and had to drive back on a flat! I parked it in the visitors parking lot because that was closer to the street than the parking lot at my building. I was SO mad at this point I just wanted to SCREAM.

I just so don't want to deal with this any more.... @#$%^@#$!! I guess I'll call a tow truck company first thing tomorrow morning and have it towed to the reporting center and then to the shop to get fixed.

From the looks of things this will probalby be about $500-600 worth of damage. My insurance deductible is $300 but I can barely even afford that! I just reeeeeallly hope this doesn't affect my premium

I'm also definitely going to be complaining to the company that owns my building. I don't feel safe parking my car in the lot or parking garage any more - I don't even feel safe going outside alone right now and I know I'm never going to set foot in that parking garage again

ARGH! This just makes me so MAD. Why do people do crap like this!?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My car was vandalized!! new
      #237711 - 01/11/06 03:38 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Aw, man! I'm sorry.

People are incredibly STUPID sometimes. I know how maddening that can be, and I'm sorry you have to experience it.

I've had my car broken into twice in the last 4 years. They didn't damage the paint job, but they pried off the lock and stole some cds and small change. It ticked me off and made me feel a little less secure, too. I always think they would have done more if not for the motion detection lights in front of my old building.

I don't know how it works in Canada, but my premium didn't go up either time.

That sucks!! I know how you feel.... new
      #237714 - 01/11/06 03:47 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

about 3 years ago, my NEW car got keyed all along the drivers side---from front to back, and DEEP. It was parked in front of my husband's (then boyfriend)house where he lived with his family. In a small town, with hardly any crime. I didn't see it until I went to the gas station on the way home and I actually started crying, I was so upset. I never got it fixed because I couldn't afford it back then. Now I'm mad whenever I see. Some kids are just total loser jerks!!!

--------------------

#237718 - 01/11/06 04:13 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh my gosh, how terrible!

whoever did that is a huuuuge jerk. I've never understood why some people find it fun to vandalize, steal and basically ruin other peoples belongings! Seriously, Why?

--------------------

#237722 - 01/11/06 04:31 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I'm so sorry that really sucks!! I had so much trouble with my car getting broken into and stolen when I lived in London. I had so many claims it was ridiculous. My car was gone for a week and a half once, you should have seen what it was like when they found it. I am so sorry, I know how upsetting it can be. The whole go to the reporting station thing, yep been there too. With a smashed out window and glass all over my seat ummmm yeh okay!! You have to take it there after an accident too if nobody was hurt, the police don't come all the time anymore. I hope it all works out for you. In my case I ended up paying thousands of dollars while the punks who did it got to have fun and be merry!!!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#237746 - 01/11/06 05:22 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Ugh that stinks!! I get so mad at people who think they can damage or steal things that hardworking people pay for! ABout 3 year ago hubby and I had our car stolen right out of the driveway. The one time we didn't lock it!! Well they found it but didn't notify us until 9months later when it had sat in a tow yard up in Detroit in the weather elements. It was probably only worth 2500 dollars and we didn't have full coverage on it but still I was ticked that someone could take something like that wihtout a second thought.

It sounds like they were intoxicated. new
      #237757 - 01/11/06 05:37 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm sorry that you had to experience such B.S. (understatement). Truly, though, I agree that it was probably kids. I'm willing to bet that they were drunk or on something. So...i echoe your chorus of curses.

Kate.

Sorry you were violated! new
      #237764 - 01/11/06 05:44 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How the heck would these people feel if it happened to them. What is wrong with people!!!!

I remember when someone stole my groceries when I was walking home from the store and hid them for 5 minutes while I went into another store. It feels horrible to have these jerks getting away with hurting innocent people. Beyond rude!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

BOO! new
      #237769 - 01/11/06 05:56 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

That sucks!!! You must feel so violated. I am so sorry!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#237774 - 01/11/06 06:00 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

That is terrible! I cannot imagine how angry you must be! How in the heck can someone do this to someone else's property? I hope the police catch them in the act. Does the garage have survelliance camera? If so, maybe they could figure out who did this.

I hate to tell you this, but my son's car was hit recently and the right exterior mirror was knocked off. It cost us $225 to replace that one mirror. Car repairs are so outrageous.

Hope you get it fixed soon---and can find a safer place to park. Thank goodness they didn't attack you too!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2470

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review