All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I feel so sad and blue......
      #23233 - 10/13/03 08:12 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I don't know why. Last night I cried so hard as I lay in bed after my husband had already fell asleep. I don't know why. I have a wonderful marriage, etc. My husband and I went to my parents house for my brothers birthday and had a good time. But when we got home, I put a new quilt on our bed to see if it fit and my husband made a coment that for some reason really set me off inside. I know he didn't mean anything by it, but it made me feel like I am such an idiot. I even said "I know I screwed up" and he said, "no I didn't mean that at all". I get so mad at myself for getting so "pissy" about such small things and letting them bother me. Why does that happen? I'm so hard on myself and self-critical. I hate it. Why can't I be normal?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I feel so sad and blue...... new
      #23252 - 10/13/03 12:36 PM
mlambers

Reged: 09/18/03
Loc: MI

To wonder why one is not "normal" is to make a comparison to someone else. We can't be normal if we don't compare ourself to others. What we have to realize is we are ourselves, we are unique, and we don't always act like everyone else (which would make us "normal").

As far as letting things get to us, some of us have that fault...I am no exception. I used to worry constantly about everything. Is someone in my family mad at me, am I going to do bad on a test, am I going to have problems at work? I still do this to a degree, but have realized worrying is wasted energy. Why do I worry? Why would I be hard on myself if I did bad on that test? Why can't I be like my brother who is bothered by nothing? Because I am me,not him (or anyone else for that matter).

I don't know if any of this helps, sometimes I feel like I type aimlessly. There I go worrying again:) Rest assured you are not alone. Remember, too, we are all allowed to have a bad day:). I hope you feel better soon

Re: I feel so sad and blue...... new
      #23256 - 10/13/03 12:50 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Everyone needs to get things out sometimes, I think things build up inside without realising, then it only takes something little and irrational to tip you over the edge...
Just remember, we're not only trying to cope with life but also this pain of a thing called ibs, that takes up a lot of our energy! I find it takes up so much time just making sure I'm stable and ok, I can't ever really forget about it because I have to be prepared in case something happens.
Just let it all out, a good cry is needed to wash it all away

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Thank you....n/t new
      #23258 - 10/13/03 01:02 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1487 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 931

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review