All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Lost!
      #202979 - 08/05/05 05:56 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Oh, ladies and gents, i need some online friendship. This summer has been the summer of hell for me too, just lieke angela...
I'm fighting to get unemployment for this summer(I've been living on fumes for 2 months and no $$ will come till 2 weeks from now), and it's taking up all my time applying for jobs I don't want and can't get anyhow.

This summer my Dh has suddenly had many anxiety attacks, my DD got diagnosed with asthma, my sister had a baby and it put us further apart, I've been really anxious for a mellow person, and I'm constantly worrying about getting a teaching job, which I want but is just not there.My MIL and I had a big fight the other day to which never helps.

Add to it this killer IBS attack today for which buscopan did nothing(I'm on t 3 for now) and I had to miss helping out at DH's restaurant for much-needed tips...and WILL IT EVER END?

I'm the person who supports everyone, usually. I hate whining, but I feel like I've been cause for whining lately. Please, can someone give me advice for getting out of this nervous, worried, sad little rut? I don't believe at all that it's anxiety or depression-it's circumstances coming all at once and me not coping the best....but I want to get back to being me. To be the helpful happy ditzy girl I know I am!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lost! new
      #202981 - 08/05/05 06:01 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

I am so sorry that you are having a bad day. Just relax and read you a good book or call a friend and go to the mall, close to a restroom and enjoy your evening.
Hope you get a job soon. I think that helps me more than anything. If I didn't work I would go crazy. I have to be doing something all the time.
We are here when you need to talk.
Shelby

Well, the thing is, Shelby, I have a job! I teach! new
      #202983 - 08/05/05 06:06 PM
_Willow

It goes Sept. to june, but subs don't get paid for the summer, and we could really use the cash right now, after buying a dishwasher, microwave and new monitor.Thank God for Visa. We'd get through but never expected half this much of a hassle with unemployment.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Well, the thing is, Shelby, I have a job! I teach! *DELETED* new
      #202987 - 08/05/05 06:11 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Re: Vent! new
      #203038 - 08/05/05 08:21 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm probably not the best person for giving advice because I'm trying to get out of my own anxiety rut. However, I really thinking venting helps. There are two ways to do this, but both ways help me to relax by helping me express what I'm feeling and giving me perspective:

1) journaling

2) talking with a friend (email or in person)

With the journal I can just let it all out--UNCENSORED--and reflect on what I'm doing that's increasing the stress or anxiety. Luckily, I have a really great friend who comes over and we take turns talking about what's been going on with us. We swear, we yell, we whine, and by the end of our discussion we're laughing. What I like is that she'll always take my side. She'll say, "Yes, that sucks!" and THEN she'll give me a pep talk about why things will get better. Sometimes I need to hear that when bad things happen it's not all related to my attitude or that there's meaning in it.

I don't know if I'm making any sense.

It does sound like this summer has been rotten for you as well. It sounds like you're feeling out of control and helpless. I mean, you're not in control of what's happening to your family and for someone who's supportive as you are that must be extremely frustrating! Maybe getting back to your happy ditzy self requires you to do something silly? Like food fight? Going somewhere and screaming at the top of your lungs?

LOL, funny you should say that... new
      #203071 - 08/05/05 10:46 PM
_Willow

I just did a scratch card and won $2! I know it will all work out and thank God for Visa. It's frustrating becasuse I spent $40,000 on this degree and am just a substitute. I'm dying t get a full time position so i CAN get paid all summer, but the outlook is bad right now, so i ahve to 'wait my turn. " Thanks for the well wishes! I know I'll get my EI money but the waiting till I am back in school is frustrating since I began filing in May.

All will be OK soon enough. I do miss working.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LOL, that's great advice maria... new
      #203072 - 08/05/05 10:50 PM
_Willow

I think part of my problem is I'm a little isolated here because I have lived here 3 years, but have had 4 jobs and several roles in life, in the 3 years. I really need some routine and stability here, and a good friend too. I left Edmonton, and my whole party animal life behind, when I graduated university and got pregnant and moved out here, all in 4 months. To not be a sub, and to have a static place of work would sure be nice, but once again, a sub's life it is, and I don't have much control over it. I sure wish I did.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

{{{hugs}}} new
      #203076 - 08/06/05 12:12 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

So sorry you're having a hard time atm hon. Been there too.

BIG {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Thanks, Linz new
      #203150 - 08/06/05 11:48 AM
_Willow

I do feel better, and may actually begin to track my eating again too, soon. one step at a time though. How's the fibro, BTW?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Lost! new
      #203164 - 08/06/05 02:04 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Wow, Shannon! You sure do have a lot on your plate right now. Take a deep breath, take some time for yourself, and vent away! We're all here for ya.

I hope you find a teaching job, though as I'm sure you know, it is not the most relaxing, stress-free occupation!

I hope things turn a corner for you soon.

Hugs,

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 267 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15434

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review